Stuck In Mud

J

Jim

Jun 8, 2015
Got stuck in mud this weekend on the side of a hill. Not much mud but took 3.5 hrs to get out. Mud was only about 4 inches thick but Pioneer 500 would not move. Never had the problem with 420 rancher. Anyone else had this problem? Is it the tires?

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Tires do make a BIG difference, and the kind of MUDs has a lot to do with it. A month ago I had a 6000lbs tractor stuck on the side of a hill in about 6" of mud. Was a real sticky slimy mud that loaded up the tires and would not spin out - amazing how quickly Mother Nature can stop a modern machine....

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome @Jim
Ya, you cant really move these SxS's around like you could an ATV. Though the 500 is a bit lighter then he 700 it is still a hause to wiggle out of a stuck. If you haven't invested in a good winch I suggest you add it close to the top of your list right behind tires. Adding a good set of tires really gives you a nice improvement over stock. I would go with a good set of 26" tires for the P5 if it was mine.
Thanks.

Reactions: Fordman
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the club @Jim !! These guys have it right tires will do nothing but help!

Reactions: Fordman
Fordman

Fordman

Lifetime Member
Aug 8, 2013
Fayette Al
Ownership

1. 500
I have 26/11/14 and they're right it makes a huge difference

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have 26/11/14 and they're right it makes a huge difference

Good info to know, man being mired down for over 3 hours would ruin a fellas spirit.

R

Ray

Sep 6, 2015
I am thinking about getting the winch accessory, and keeping a short warratah on board so i can hammer it into the ground and winch myself out if i get stuck

Being used for commercial transmitter site maintenance means we have to take safety seriously bla bla bla

Reactions: bobbyhill
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the club @Ray !!

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
U were prob high centered happend to me alot the p5 has a huge flat bottom ;) hehe no pun there but really it get hung up alot but the more u ride the more ull learn to navigate the mud holes

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!