P1000 sub tranny filter

D

DWP

Mar 21, 2021
Alachua, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does the dct filter part of sub tranny oil or is it part of the crankcase oil? I ask this because i change just the sub tranny today and dct filter thinking that it filter sub tranny oil? I posted last week that it had no oil in sub tranny after intial 20 hr service from dealer. Thanks in advance for replies!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The engine and DCT share the same oil but have 2 separate filters, the sub trans is completely separate and doesn't have a filter. This is why some guys are running a slipperier moly oil in the sub trans to help shifting into Low range, they don't have to worry about causing the clutches to slip.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!