P1000 First change of original air filter/cleaner for '21 P1K-3

H

HondaTech

Thanks for the input and I do understand what you are saying about the pre filter catching the big stuff first. I was just thinking I would rather see a stainless mesh screen there in place of or in addition to the loofah mainly to keep a mouse from getting up in there and chewing through it to nest?

That's not something I've seen yet. They seem to like the wiring under the hood better.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I'd like to see a video of someone properly replacing that giant o-ring.
I can show you one, but my wife will get jealous.

• Haha
Reactions: CID
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
@Bombardier Convert
Heres a pic of mine with the new pre filter Im using. More details are in my build. post #750 or 80 somewhere in there lol
Is this the prefilter you used, @Remington ? There is no listing for the Pioneer, but their Talon prefilter tube is 3" OD. A number of folks seem to use the 3.0" ID (3.15 OD) stainless tube for the Pioneer, so I'm sure it fits.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Is this the prefilter you used, @Remington ? There is no listing for the Pioneer, but their Talon prefilter tube is 3" OD. A number of folks seem to use the 3.0" ID (3.15 OD) stainless tube for the Pioneer, so I'm sure it fits.

View attachment 391995
Yes thats it. The pipe coming out of the hood is 3” aluminum

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!