P1000 Pre-Filter

X50

X50

Lifetime Member
Oct 13, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I pulled off the cover from the pre-filter and here is no foam block in it like shown in the manual. In searching threads, I saw a reference to the pre-filter being deleted.

Should it have a filter there from the factory? I'm not finding the part on a google search, but maybe I'm missing.

I've seen the snorkels some have added and like the idea to free up valuable space under the hood. I'd like to keep it under the hood though as I'll never be going through water that's well under the skid plate. Suggestions for parts to make it (hose size, filter, etc.)?

PXL 20211227 183651747

Reactions: ChadD
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This may help you

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Okay my mod is this. Rubber hose over the piece that sticks up.{ I had a piece that was wider at one end than the other end. It was a piece that I had laying around.} Then a 2" pvc elbow on the other end of the hose that comes up and sticks through the cover. I then used a short piece of 2" pvc that fit into a 2" to 1 1/2 " pvc reducer then a short piece of 1 1/2 " pvc pipe and then this filter on the end. Works great and catches all the dust . It's way cheaper to replace this filter. The performance of my machine is the same .The only thing that is glued together are the end pieces that fit into the reducer. Also the rubber hose is clamped to the part that comes up and the 2" elbow. So 2 hose clamps.

IMG 4130 IMG 4131 IMG 4132 IMG 4133 IMG 4134

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nope, nothing inside the cover either. :(
Take your filter cover off behind the seat and see if its in there?
unless thats where u already looked? Ive had mine get sucked in once and it was stuck to the filter itself

X50

X50

Lifetime Member
Oct 13, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Take your filter cover off behind the seat and see if its in there?
unless thats where u already looked? Ive had mine get sucked in once and it was stuck to the filter itself
I'll take a look in a day or two (depending on weather and other tasks). Sounds like a serious design problem if it can suck it back to the main filter.

After spending some time looking at the search results for "snorkel", I came across a post from @bumperm (who also has an SE with all of the extra stuff taking up under the hood real estate) which made me realize that his solution is probably the only workable one. The parts are on order.

P1000m5 - What did you add to/do with your Pioneer 1000 5 today?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!