P1000 Super atv lift

T

twahl

Apr 27, 2024
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
I installed a 3 inch super atv suspension lift on my pioneer 1000-6 by I'm not too impressed with the ride. It is a lot more stiff now so I'm thinking of ditching it and going with the Rough Country Vertex lift. Anyone done that on here? If so how did it effect the ride and does it reduce the tow capacity? Thanks for your help
20240615 174738
20240615 174734

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep. Should have researched on here before you got that bracket lift. Adding better shocks and adjusting the preload is the way to go. No experience with the rough country shocks for me but someone should chime in soon. I have the fox qs3 shocks on my 1000-5 they are huge improvement over stock. Good luck

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I installed a 3 inch super atv suspension lift on my pioneer 1000-6 by I'm not too impressed with the ride. It is a lot more stiff now so I'm thinking of ditching it and going with the Rough Country Vertex lift. Anyone done that on here? If so how did it effect the ride and does it reduce the tow capacity? Thanks for your helpView attachment 435912View attachment 435910
Exactly What @WagginTail just said.
Lots of threads on this. My lift from yrs ago is still on my bench of Deplorable's.
The RC is the same. Just branded different and variation.
Bracket lifts are a nostalgia, poor mans lift. Changes your suspension geometry making your rig ride rougher and like $hit. Some notice right away some dont till later. Lifts wont change your tow capacity.
So buy the shocks and aftermarket arms like SATV’s and be done with it.
Thanks for adding to the bracket lift failure/unhappiness of threads lol and showing folks what the meaning of Buy once Cry Once means.
Sorry for your woows

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Yep, any bracket lift will stiffen the ride. Its great for mud guys and slow cruisers, but its definitely a bit more harsh that sitting at stock height.

Like the guys above said, forward A-arms, bigger tires, and some shock work will help get you more clearance without effecting the ride.

S

Scamih

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2020
Marshall Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed a 3 inch super atv suspension lift on my pioneer 1000-6 by I'm not too impressed with the ride. It is a lot more stiff now so I'm thinking of ditching it and going with the Rough Country Vertex lift. Anyone done that on here? If so how did it effect the ride and does it reduce the tow capacity? Thanks for your helpView attachment 435912View attachment 435910
I put a set of Vertex on the front of my pioneer 1000-5, I like them but I didnt buy them for lift, wanted a softer ride. I used the factory preset on preload approximately 2 inches. I like them a lot.

Reactions: chucksmith0706
C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
I put a set of Vertex on the front of my pioneer 1000-5, I like them but I didnt buy them for lift, wanted a softer ride. I used the factory preset on preload approximately 2 inches. I like them a lot.

Glad to hear some running the Vertex, I wrote rough country but got to vague of answers. So I went with Fox shocks, I saw a huge difference. Rode same trails, as year before was a great comparison to see difference.

Thanks
Chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk