P700 Super ATV power steering Install.

B

bigbruse

Jun 28, 2016
va
Ownership

1. 700-4
B57F3B16 F667 4621 B32B 5F5A8F02E41F
That write up alone makes me want to get power steering!
View attachment 64286 When I ordered the kit, I didn't know you got 20 extra dollars off for joining their email list.BigBruse told me So I hurried and texted them about it.I asked for some stickers for my windshield I'm making and They sent me this.They called it "The Swag Bag"5 drink holders 4 large stickers and a very nice book
Super ATV is one heck of a company..

Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
You are going to love that modification!

Reactions: swsebek
B

Billybobb3

Aug 1, 2015
  • Put lower shaft on andconnect it to rack and pinion shaft. Then mount motor to plate and bump it in..... But it goes..View attachment 64121That stock plastic wire holder below gets cut off View attachment 64122You can see it bolted now.. all bolts are loose.. except motor 3 bolts... I tightened them...It's tricky fishing it in place because you have to wiggle it in and the same time line splines up with shaft on motor and lower universal.Install lower universal bolt that holds splined shaft in... leave all bolts loose again. View attachment 64123Now Install upper shaft to motor and to steering stem....Remember to slide on washer, clip and rubber boot.... I didn't the first timeo_O also have machine front wheels off ground and straight.check steering wheel so it not crooked... I mean so your Honda logo on it reads straightforward with wheels...View attachment 64124There is paint on splines so some encouraging taps are required...Once on,put in bolts to hold shafts... leave loose.. View attachment 64125Above is the plastic plate I cut out. It doesn't tell you in instructions at all... But you will notice quickView attachment 64126You have to cut this little piece on the fender to have clearance for motor plate... also You have to cut out bumped area above the floor brake spring View attachment 64127Above is the electronic module mounted. Where four plugs that go into it.They are all shaped different. So very easy...
View attachment 64286 When I ordered the kit, I didn't know you got 20 extra dollars off for joining their email list.BigBruse told me So I hurried and texted them about it.I asked for some stickers for my windshield I'm making and They sent me this.They called it "The Swag Bag"5 drink holders 4 large stickers and a very nice book
Super ATV is one heck of a company..
I loved mine that I installed on my 700. After running at one time I kept remembering the salesman saying that they didn't need power steering. What a difference. My new 1000 5 seater has it and I can't imagine being without it.

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Did anyone else have bad shafts to start off? I put the kit in and found the fit of the u-joints to the yoke in the lower portion of the shaft very loose. It was noticeable when turning as I could feel the slack in the steering.
That being said, I was sent new ones promptly and that fixed it.
Also has anyone though of extending the LED to mount in the dash so a person can actually see it on start up?

Reactions: bigbruse
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Did anyone else have bad shafts to start off? I put the kit in and found the fit of the u-joints to the yoke in the lower portion of the shaft very loose. It was noticeable when turning as I could feel the slack in the steering.
Also has anyone though of extending the LED to mount in the dash so a person can actually see it on start up?
Good Idea with Led light...

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
When you put yours in, did you find it necessary to take the snap ring off the steering column? I did not do that and had no issues.

Also do you notice some flexing of the motor assembly as you turn stop to stop?

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
When you put yours in, did you find it necessary to take the snap ring off the steering column? I did not do that and had no issues.

I removed it,would have been a bear to do without...So far I haven't done anything But pull it from one shed to the next......But so far I feel that it is piece of cake to turn....Its tight as hell turning and no slop..Feels reel good.....Even when turning the wheel with key off it feels like stock did......I haven't got to try it out cause I went into snorkel building and windshield...And I had to repair a torn soft top...

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
You will like it. My opinion is that its not the same as a vehicle power steering, there is no return from it, but that being said its awesome to use a finger to hold the wheel where you want it no matter what.
What are you doing for a snorkel? Routing up the passengers side?

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You will like it. My opinion is that its not the same as a vehicle power steering, there is no return from it, but that being said its awesome to use a finger to hold the wheel where you want it no matter what.
What are you doing for a snorkel? Routing up the passengers side?
No I went drivers side
Up to hood for ram intake and look.. I'm getting pics ready now for the Install thread

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Cool, I can't wait for pictures. I went the other way, up the passengers side and I'm glad I did, last year we went riding and found a stick. The stick missed my boy in the front seat, and if not for the PVC would have done some serious damage to my wife in the back seat. AS it was, the stick caught the chin of her helmet and winded her. Makes me want to look at hard doors.

B

bigbruse

Jun 28, 2016
va
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 64141Use a bungy cord and pull toward seat with another one..... now you can put that bolt in...I didn't have extra hands or help.Also it is better to have plastic kind of warm. I have learned in the past that plastic may be brittle and brake if too coldATTACH=full]64142[/ATTACH] View attachment 64146 And there you have it.Ziptie the wires all the way back. The unit has an led red light that lets you know it's ok when key is turned on...I'm no electrician so don't laugh at my wiring.:D
I must say that everything is way worth the money... My garage floor is fiber webbing and when the machine is just sitting there you can not turn the wheels before at all.. with this unit hooked up I can cut the wheel easily and you can hear the treads ripping... I haven't tested yet... View attachment 64143 View attachment 64144 View attachment 64144 View attachment 64145 View attachment 64142
swsebek
started working on power steering this evening I got about half done. have everything put together loosely. I will finish tomorrow evening hopefully.
just wanted to see if your motor is real close to the brake spring? its kind of siting on it now cause I haven't tightened everything up looks like when I do tightened everything up it just clears the spring. is this normal?

thanks
robbie

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
swsebek
started working on power steering this evening I got about half done. have everything put together loosely. I will finish tomorrow evening hopefully.
just wanted to see if your motor is real close to the brake spring? its kind of siting on it now cause I haven't tightened everything up looks like when I do tightened everything up it just clears the spring. is this normal?

thanks
robbie
Yes it is cause it's loose...
Soon as you tighten the bolts it lifts up slightly and clears....as long as the plastic over the spring is cut

Reactions: bigbruse
B

bigbruse

Jun 28, 2016
va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yes it is cause it's loose...
Soon as you tighten the bolts it lifts up slightly and clears....as long as the plastic over the spring is cut
great thanks ! Yes i cut out the hump with a dremel tool looks clean and neat

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just tie wrapped the led In a spot where I could see it through the gear selector slot when starting.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2

There was another discussion about the flexing. If I recall, the conclusion was that the factory PS flexes just as much.

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
There was another discussion about the flexing. If I recall, the conclusion was that the factory PS flexes just as much.
I had not seen that one, I will go and look for it.

B

bigbruse

Jun 28, 2016
va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had not seen that one, I will go and look for it.
swsebek
finished installing the power steering last night!!! wow so far I love it! have not taken it for ride yet cause I have all the fenders off cause im changing to the deluxe silver color. thanks for your wright up it helped with my installation go smoothly!

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Im trying a colour change, but ordered blue carbon fibre wrap from Amazon, for 45$, I figured it was worth a shot.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Had flex/binding on P500 ez steer, just loosened shaft and bolts to find sweet spot. No flex now. One of the best mods yet.

Last edited:
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Got to use the power steering for first time today and Here's my report............
I love it,Steering has no effort at all, no arm pump, no kick back.smooth one hand on hills through ditches... WOW WOW WOW....did I say I love it:) with the wheel turn and give gas and It does not spin right through your hands it stays put....I can hang on to my dog on steep hills and steep descents.If anyone does not have this on their 700 you are just missing out....My four year old could drive it......Worth every dime and I'm very happy with SUPER ATVexcellent company and products.....

Reactions: Mudder and bigbruse

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!