P700 Super ATV power steering Install.

B

BeachBum

Oct 19, 2017
DFW Texas
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4
For everyone out there with the Super Atv PS kit for the p700- are you still happy with the kit? Has it held up well? Any regrets or issues?
I am thinking about ordering one... sounds like a no brainer, but thought I’d check back with those that have had it a year, 2, or more.
Thanks!

Reactions: cnorth and Mudwing
S

sefsr

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2017
Highland, Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
BeachBum I installed mine with little problem. Can't imagine driving it again without PS. My only regret was not doing the addition earlier.

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
For everyone out there with the Super Atv PS kit for the p700- are you still happy with the kit? Has it held up well? Any regrets or issues?
I am thinking about ordering one... sounds like a no brainer, but thought I’d check back with those that have had it a year, 2, or more.
Thanks!
Has held up well.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
No problems with mine so far after 2 1/2 years, 2500+ miles

L

LCK_Boater

Nov 7, 2018
Lebanon, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I got the PS kit from Rocky Mountain ATV. It looks identical to this kit so guessing they all are made by the same company. On my 2017 P700-4 there is a metal plate around the stearing shaft that is different than your pics and what the directions show. Also I don't have the bump in the firewall around the brake cable, anyone else install a PS kit on 2017? Here is a pic of the plate after the stearing rod was removed.

E71B28C0 1AD9 484B AA75 50051C5FEDA6

L

LCK_Boater

Nov 7, 2018
Lebanon, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I got the PS kit from Rocky Mountain ATV. It looks identical to this kit so guessing they all are made by the same company. On my 2017 P700-4 there is a metal plate around the stearing shaft that is different than your pics and what the directions show. Also I don't have the bump in the firewall around the brake cable, anyone else install a PS kit on 2017? Here is a pic of the plate after the stearing rod was removed.

View attachment 157911

Looking now at the Kit from SuperATV I see that there is a different kit for the 2017 p700 compared to the one for 2014-2016. The kit I got from RockyMtnATV appears to be identical to the older kit when I would need the newer one.

W

Wirediron

Feb 20, 2019
Detroit
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Greetings all!
Just finished the Ez Steer power steering install on my 2018 700 P4. I did not have to remove the dash or fender. Make sure you install the steering shafts exactly as the photos in the instructions show. I installed the upper shaft upside down and the bolt that tightens the shaft adjustment up and down will interfere with a chassis support member causing the steering to bind. Drove me nuts figuring out what was wrong!
Other than that it took me 3 tries to align the steering wheel angle with the wheels so that it steers straight with the Honda logo perfectly horizontal. Do this by removing and replacing the lower steering shaft. It’s easy to remove this shaft from steering motor by loosening the sliding shaft bolt and removing the bolt that attaches the shaft to the steering motor. Then move steering wheel, reattach lower shaft then retry your steering alignment on the road.
Huge difference in reduction of torque required to steer. Well worth it.

W

Wirediron

Feb 20, 2019
Detroit
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looking now at the Kit from SuperATV I see that there is a different kit for the 2017 p700 compared to the one for 2014-2016. The kit I got from RockyMtnATV appears to be identical to the older kit when I would need the newer one.
Hey LCK Boater. Yes the 2017 and later kits are completely different with respect to mounting and shafts. Looks like ECU and Steering motor are the same. If you can lift the front end to get the wheels off the ground a bit it helps when checking to see if things move as they should before you tighten everything down.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!