BOX1

P1000 Super ATV winch wireless remote

S

sporter

Nov 4, 2014
What tool/driver to remove the screws in the remote?

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Phillips screwdriver
Was gonna say…
did he just ask that? 😂
unless its some special torx we haven't seen before? Without any pics then….

Reactions: Smitty335
jenk61

jenk61

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2021
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was gonna say…
did he just ask that? 😂
unless its some special torx we haven't seen before? Without any pics then….
I specifically went out and looked at mine, its phillips. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to see that. I'm betting he couldn't get the remote to work and was going to check the batteries instead of holding both buttons down. Strange that I would think that🙄😂

S

sporter

Nov 4, 2014
Didn't look like a phillips to me and none of my torx fit. I know about holding down both buttons, but my Dealer didn't, after he installed the winch told me the remote was missing a battery. I only wanted to open it to get the battery size so I would have a spare.

jenk61

jenk61

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2021
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Didn't look like a phillips to me and none of my torx fit. I know about holding down both buttons, but my Dealer didn't, after he installed the winch told me the remote was missing a battery. I only wanted to open it to get the battery size so I would have a spare.
Well, I didn't know about both buttons until I called SuperATV. That's the reason I knew because I thought maybe it was the battery on mine. I checked the battery before I called. Lo and behold they said it was in the instructions. Who reads those? 🤔 SuperATV did say if that didn't take care of it to call them back and they would send a new remote.

S

sporter

Nov 4, 2014
Just FYI: You guys are correct, a small phillips is required, takes two CR2032 batteries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hondasxs
JethroBarnwell

JethroBarnwell

Apr 7, 2018
Upstate South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey folks, what is this two button trick of which you speak? I have one of these Super ATV wireless remote winch setups (2017 vintage). Mine must be a different really different because it uses an A23 battery and the cover simply slides off. I would like to know more about this two button Vulcan death grip trick in case it might be applicable.

My wireless device failed me when riding alone at RB in TN with my better half. I had the wire harness for the wired connections tucked safely in my parts/tool stash and was able to extricate myself from a precarious situation while my wife looked on in horror and shrieked as my machine seemed destined to go over the cliff.

I have since replaced the wireless remote components and ordered a third set to keep in stock since Super ATV informed me they were changing to a different more costly configuration and my setup was being discontinued. I still have the defective one because I was planning to crack it open and learn the failure mode or even possibly repair it.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey folks, what is this two button trick of which you speak? I have one of these Super ATV wireless remote winch setups (2017 vintage). Mine must be a different really different because it uses an A23 battery and the cover simply slides off. I would like to know more about this two button Vulcan death grip trick in case it might be applicable.

My wireless device failed me when riding alone at RB in TN with my better half. I had the wire harness for the wired connections tucked safely in my parts/tool stash and was able to extricate myself from a precarious situation while my wife looked on in horror and shrieked as my machine seemed destined to go over the cliff.

I have since replaced the wireless remote components and ordered a third set to keep in stock since Super ATV informed me they were changing to a different more costly configuration and my setup was being discontinued. I still have the defective one because I was planning to crack it open and learn the failure mode or even possibly repair it.
Did you get a sticker from @SuperATV with your purchase?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't speak for the Satv remove but it most likely like all the others.

There is usually 3 buttons.
In, out, and pair.
Hold pair on the remote and box to link them.
Once linked.
You have to "wake" the connection each time. Or after (x) minutes of non use.
To do this.
Hold both IN & OUT for a few seconds.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

JethroBarnwell

JethroBarnwell

Apr 7, 2018
Upstate South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Must have a really old remote. Mine has a slide switch on the side of the hand held device for ON or OFF. On the front it only has an IN and and OUT button. Thanks for the heads up. If/ When all my spares fail, I'll have to upgrade.

In my house we still have CRT TV's because they still work and I spent all my discretionary income on a Honda Pioneer.

• Haha
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!