Super Bowl Eats?

Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
What is everyone planning for food/snacks for the Super Bowl?
I’m doing a medley of wild game again this year which will include:
Venison chili
Duck breast sliders
Bacon wrapped venison tenders ( venison cubes with red onion and red bell pepper in bacon wrap)
Sliced venison sausage in BBQ sauce (crock pot)
Pulled pork sandwiches (smoked wild hog shoulder)
Blackened shrimp tacos with jicama slaw
An assortment of chips/dips and adult beverages.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Venison chili
Duck breast sliders
Bacon wrapped venison tenders ( venison cubes with red onion and red bell pepper in bacon wrap)
What time does the party start!? That sounds amazing. We usually do chicken wings and throw some burgers on the grill.

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Venison chili
Duck breast sliders
damn, what's that address again. LOL

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll be throwing together a couple of apple pies on the Rec Tec to take to the party we are attending.

I moved away for a few years after school, and one of the things that I really missed about home was my mom's apple pie. I still think it tastes better when she makes it, but I got pretty close. When I have time, I like to take them to a carry in. I always get a kick out of how shocked people are that a scruffy man like myself makes such a good apple pie

Protip: If you own a pellet grill and you haven't tried desserts on it yet, you're missing out. My dad did cheesecake a couple weeks ago when we all went over for dinner and it was AMAZING. It seems like everything tastes better with a little wood fire flavor.

Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'll be throwing together a couple of apple pies on the Rec Tec to take to the party we are attending.

I moved away for a few years after school, and one of the things that I really missed about home was my mom's apple pie. I still think it tastes better when she makes it, but I got pretty close. When I have time, I like to take them to a carry in. I always get a kick out of how shocked people are that a scruffy man like myself makes such a good apple pie

Protip: If you own a pellet grill and you haven't tried desserts on it yet, you're missing out. My dad did cheesecake a couple weeks ago when we all went over for dinner and it was AMAZING. It seems like everything tastes better with a little wood fire flavor.

We also use our pellet grill for a wide variety of foods. Pizza is amazing and a favorite of family gatherings is smoked Mac & Cheese.

P

PNWGuy

Last year, my girlfriend and I were doing the Keto thing pretty hard core and were both down about 40 pounds. I made chicken bacon ranch poppers and they were delicious. Trying to be more strict again and I just made them again last week...

De 1 1525275168crop0766xw0681xh0107xw0

QuadMan747

QuadMan747

Nov 7, 2016
Connecticut
www.cccmx.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Nice pics, great visual like a menu.

Baked pasta, Texas Caviar, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Soupy, pepperoni, cheese and crackers. Just a small deal with family and if the games a blowout I'll be to bed at halftime so I can get my butt up for work in the AM. :)

P

PNWGuy

My girlfriend has to work noon to 8 this Sunday, so I will be watching it at a location TBD. :( No cable at my place and not sure if Dish is going to carry the game due to their pissing match with Fox.

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Most years, it just doesn't seem like a real Superbowl without a crockpot full of the Velveeta hamburger queso and some tortilla chips.

IMG 7616
that looks real tasty😀

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
Last year, my girlfriend and I were doing the Keto thing pretty hard core and were both down about 40 pounds. I made chicken bacon ranch poppers and they were delicious. Trying to be more strict again and I just made them again last week...

De 1 1525275168crop0766xw0681xh0107xw0
Man that sounds and looks great. Will be making it soon. Thinking of adding some minced Jalapeños to the mix.......got to keep things flowing don’t ya know.
Recipe should also work with wild turkey...the birds not the booze.

P

PNWGuy

Man that sounds and looks great. Will be making it soon. Thinking of adding some minced Jalapeños to the mix.......got to keep things flowing don’t ya know.
Recipe should also work with wild turkey...the birds not the booze.
My best batch was last year and made with moose meat and liberal amounts of mango habanero hot sauce added.

Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4

View attachment 181657
I did my first attempt at the chicken poppers and they were a big hit. I will add a bit more zip next time as one jalapeño just wasn’t enough for my taste buds.
my duck turned out excellent as well although most just ate it plain and not as sliders.

AF84A8A1 776D 43CC 91E7 313C2DED1BA8 C56BE5B7 8869 4769 8844 A56EA797C629

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!