JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update:
Got the alignment done and took the bike to the hunting camp for a few days.
Everything looks great and i wasn't able to get the front end to rub yet. I also wanted to mention that I have the FactoryUTV 1/2" UHMW skid sticking in the fender well a bit and no contact there.
I did bottom out the rear suspension a couple times on some big woops in the road and the tires hit the top of the fender. i could increase preload but i like the way it rides so ill probably leave it the way it is. Our hunting lease is very rocky with only a few places you can get going over 25 mph.

I really like the Warrior XTs so far, they did well in the rocks/creeks/and a little mud. They measured about 30.5" mounted on the rims but before i put them on. i will need to take another measurement to see where they are now.

Really need to address the rears slinging mud everywhere. its on the to do list.
C79F8BC0 EF21 4689 9023 5B2C20158D7F
60454407359  C906FAFA 5B1F 4BCE 9028 005184D902F3

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another update i forgot.
No problems (so far) with the rear axles. no noises/clanging while riding and i didnt see any binding that when i had it on jack stands. I will update later if anything changes

R

Rick53

Dec 11, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another update i forgot.
No problems (so far) with the rear axles. no noises/clanging while riding and i didnt see any binding that when i had it on jack stands. I will update later if anything changes

JoeyL
Glad to hear it, mine only clanged a few times right after I installed the A-arms. It had less then 50 miles on it at the time, but went with the straps and have had no problems after install. Now you got me thinking, satv admitted it, but it could have just needed to brake in a bit. I'm thinking I might take the straps off and see what happens now. Thanks for the info.
Your ride looks GOOD, I really like the look of the Warrior XTs. I have the 30x10-14 Intimidators for my hunting tires, I think I might have went a little to aggressive (I was worried about mud). From what you said about them I'm now lean towards the Warrior XTs when the Intimidators wear out. I still haven't mounted the QuadBoss QBT 846 yet, it's raining like crazy here, suppose to go on for a couple of weeks. Guys are saying they work well here in Arizona, hope so.
Also, I love the portal hubs more and more. It did add a lot of width but worth, but the better handling characteristics are worth it. Last week my grand daughter was fishtailing in it. She likes to do burnouts.

FoggyMtnBreakdown

FoggyMtnBreakdown

Lifetime Member
Dec 22, 2019
LaGrange, Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you notice any major difference in power loss or negatives with the gearing on slow technical stuff/ mud? I’m thinking about going to the same setup with a tune.

Reactions: Isaiah
JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you notice any major difference in power loss or negatives with the gearing on slow technical stuff/ mud? I’m thinking about going to the same setup with a tune.

There is definitely a loss in power, not sure if you would call it major or not. I havent had any trouble in technical/steep/rocky stuff yet, i dont ride in any mud really so i cant say how it would perform there.
I would bet an IGR would really wake it up but i havent seen the need to spend the money yet. I bought the PV3 but havent bought a tune yet, just using the one that comes with the PV3.

R

Rick53

Dec 11, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Before I installed the portals I did notice a power loss, both in engine and braking power. The hubs come with a 11" rotor kit the works great if you get the calipers positioned right on the rotors (full pad on rotor). If I didn't go with the hubs I'd stick with 28" tires.
Have been running the QuadBoss's for a while now and like them a lot. They seem to work good here, but aren't great for mud. Also they are only 29" tall, not the advertised 30". Most all of the tire brands must measure their tires with 90 psi in them. The only problem I see with the A-arms is go with a more conventional alignment specs. The negative camber isn't good for much other then sliding around corner while on the gas hard. Not the safest thing in a top heavy rig.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!