P1000 Superatv 1.5" A arms and 30's P1000-5

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone run the SuperATV 1.5" forward A Arms with 30x10 tires? Their site says max tire size is 28" but the stock tires are 27" so this doesnt make any sense. I called them and they stuck with the 28" giving a bunch of general excuses.
Anybody have this setup?
I want to try to run 30's on my 2020 Deluxe w stock wheels.
thanks

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 30's on mine with just the SATV arms. I can make it scrub at full steering lock and full stuff. Nothing that bothers me.
Do you just have fronts or did you do the rears too?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have 30’s with forward front and rear. You’ll be good and should fit no problem. I’d recommend some wheel spacers as well for a bit more clearance and stability.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for all the info guys. I will go ahead and give it a shot. Probably just in the front at first.

Reactions: SuperATV and Isaiah
Cattrell

Cattrell

Nov 26, 2018
Church Hill TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 30" on mine 30x10x14 Terrabites and no problems. Only rub when I stand it on its nose, but just a light touch then. I have the fronts and rears and spacers.

Reactions: SuperATV and Isaiah
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran just the fronts for about 8 months. I now have both. My tires do measure 31 though...
Which tires are you running and did you need to do the repairs, or was that just to help with clearance?

Sorry one more question can you tell a loss in any power from that size tire?

J

JTW

Which tires are you running and did you need to do the repairs, or was that just to help with clearance?

Sorry one more question can you tell a loss in any power from that size tire?

It depends on the weight... but I can assure you you’ll have a noticeable loss of power if the tire weight increases much. I’m running 30” Berserkers and I cuss them often in technical slow stuff.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It depends on the weight... but I can assure you you’ll have a noticeable loss of power if the tire weight increases much. I’m running 30” Berserkers and I cuss them often in technical slow stuff.
Thanks for the info, I have read that on some other post you have made. Is it weight or diameter that is causing the loss of power?

J

JTW

Thanks for the info, I have read that on some other post you have made. Is it weight or diameter that is causing the loss of power?

It’s mostly the tire weight... several of us have similar setups with variation of tires and mine is the worst. I LOVE the tires... but the weight of the 30 is a bit much.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well just did my part to keep SATV in business. Front and rear A arms, set of 30x10 Warrior XTs, and a windshield on the way.

Thanks again for all the feedback guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
giphy.gif

R

Rick53

Dec 11, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well just did my part to keep SATV in business. Front and rear A arms, set of 30x10 Warrior XTs, and a windshield on the way.

Thanks again for all the feedback guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JoeyL

Just to let you know, installing the SATV 1.5" rear A-arms does over extend your stock axles at maximum extension. They will clang, but mine haven't broken yet in almost two years. When they do I'll replace them with their heavy duty ones. The A-arms are a very good upgrade. If you don't change your gearing with the 30" tires you might want to run it in low range on anything but level ground to make your trans last longer. I did the 15% 4" portals (SATV) which will allow you to run up to 32" tires (really 31.5"). I went with 30" (really 29.5") to give a little gear reduction over stock setup. With the portal hubs you also get a upgrade in braking power as it comes with 10" rotors over the stock 8" ones. The caliper fit on mine need some modifications to make it right, but well worth the time, trouble, and money to get the added height, gear reduction, and braking power. And yes with stock rims you'll need 1.5" wheel spacers. Does put a little more strain on you wheel bearings, but mine haven given me trouble. It does make it wider, and stabler too. Also the portal hub require a little more maintenance (not really that big a deal).

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!