100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I had to replace my OEM Honda WS because it got some serious cracks started at the Takeover. I decided to go with the better airflow of a more open WS, so I went with the full-flip up SATV. It's great in the full open position and the wind is brought in the cab full force. In the locked open position you have about 2-3" of vent area at the bottom, which is about 4-6" for the Honda OEM flip up WS. At the top of the SATV there's a space of about 2.5" which also allows for more airflow and even with the WS fully closed, you still get a breeze from up top. For now it's great during the warmer seasons but come winter I may have to get some type of tall gasket to block off that space. In the fully open position being tall it's right in my field of vision unless I duck down a few inches. All in All I'm pleased with it and it'll have to do for lack of anything else and I don't want to buy another WS.

Pros
1. Great airflow in all positions
2. WS holds open in place well while driving
3. Great for people short in stature
4. Quality made product. easy to install

Cons
1. The top of the WS doesn't come too close to the Honda roof's 2.5-3" gap, so bad for winter drafts.
2. If you take a tumble or hit a branch with the WS in open position, it may get seriously damaged.
3. If you're tall, the WS in the full open position may be directly in you long range field of vision.
4. you cannot access under the hood without first having to remove the lower section of the 2 part WS. In order to remove the lower WS, you need to have an Allen wrench tool, a 10mm socket or wrench and a Phillips head screwdriver(screw gun works best) for the 6 bolts and 2 nuts, which I'd hate to loose on the trail somewhere.
5. You cannot raise the windshield any higher due to the top piece then not matching up with bottom and because the passengers side ROPS handle is in the way.
IMG 5096
IMG 5098
IMG 5099

Last edited:
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am 6'3" and have a 1000. Yours looks different than mine. Is it a 500?
20180819 151245
Mine is fine, nearly horizontal when open.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I love my SuperATV windshield but i'm only 5'-10" so it is out of my line of sight.
I modded mine to allow me easy access to the $190 trunk storage........oh yeah.....you better believe it.
I made a filler piece out of some old yellow canvas material for the top gap so it is flexible and adds some visibility to E.R.V.

the filler piece works well plus it's just vecro'd in so it could removed if I want

Simple L bracket and a fast honda clamp - NO tools needed to raise it out of the way for trunk access

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
So is piston attachment point mod possible to raise it fully horizontal on the P500?

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
So, how do you escape when you are on your side? (Asking for a friend)

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I have the EMP windshield and that is my problem too having a big draft on top. I tried fitting a noodle up there and it does great on the sides by rollbar but the center is loose and rattles terribly at speed. I don't know what I could use to fix it but I wished I could find something

J

JTW

I have the EMP windshield and that is my problem too having a big draft on top. I tried fitting a noodle up there and it does great on the sides by rollbar but the center is loose and rattles terribly at speed. I don't know what I could use to fix it but I wished I could find something
I cut a spacer out of alumabond and put a seal on both sides.. it allows the window to seal and reduced the wind gap at the top by 99%

Reactions: GRANITE
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I love my SuperATV windshield but i'm only 5'-10" so it is out of my line of sight.
I modded mine to allow me easy access to the $190 trunk storage........oh yeah.....you better believe it.
I made a filler piece out of some old yellow canvas material for the top gap so it is flexible and adds some visibility to E.R.V.

the filler piece works well plus it's just vecro'd in so it could removed if I want

Simple L bracket and a fast honda clamp - NO tools needed to raise it out of the way for trunk access
I’m liking that roof too!!! And the cobble stone fireplace. Just thought I’d throw that in lol.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I’ve seen one secured with double stick tape...

Reactions: GRANITE
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Last weekend we brought our P5 down state for the winter on our open trailer and didn't wrap or tie anything on the cab down just loaded it up. strapped it to the trailer and rolled. My wife was concerned about windshields and stuff blowing off I just told her whatever we lose I'll replace.

My little yellow piece of filler material at the top of the windshield made the trip, no problem of course max speed was 65 on the way home.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!