SuperATV flip windshield review

J

JTW

The SuperAtv flip windshield is a great addition to the Pioneer 500..
IMG 0695IMG 0668
Install was a breeze.

Tools needed..

Ratchet
10mm socket
14mm socket
10mm wrench
12mm wrench
13mm wrench
3/16 Allen wrench
5/32 Allen wrench
Screw driver
Clamp
Mallet- after mounting adjustment

IMG 0682IMG 0687IMG 0688
Start by peeling off the protective film on the lower portion of the windshield. Before mounting to the rops place gasket along the bottom edge (for an easier fit.. put the gasket in a pillowcase and toss in the dryer 30-45 minutes, until warm and pliable)
IMG 0669
Then install upper bracket for the lower windshield and the windshield catch.
IMG 0690IMG 0671IMG 0672
You can now trim the excess gasket ends once you have the lower windshield positioned to you liking, snuggly against the hood.

IMG 0670
You can now install the lower windshield retainer clamp by inserting the rubber grommet into the windshield hole.
IMG 0689
Wrap the retainer clamp around the rops and tighten. I found a vice clamp handy to hold things tight.
IMG 0675
Secure the back of the upper clamp and careful apply windshield gasket foam to the lower half.
IMG 0691

Now it's time to move to the upper half.
IMG 0692
Peel away protective film and mount upper brackets and windshield latch.
IMG 0693
Mount gas shocks to the lower bracket and place upper windshield on the rops.
IMG 0681
At this point loosely fit the back of the brackets to the rops.
IMG 0694
I found it easiest to open the windshield to mount the lower portion of the gas shock. Once mounted and secure, tighten the back of the brackets and use the mallet to adjust as needed by gently taping the brackets up or down.
IMG 0678

You now have an awesome scratch resistant hard coat windshield and are ready to ride!
IMG 0679IMG 0696IMG 0697IMG 0699
The SuperATV flip out windshield works great and allows ample air flow when in the upright position. With the windshield up and riding the trails, I experienced no issues with it flopping around or excessive vibration. See videos below.
***FYI.. any bracket issues you may have read about do not affect the p500 as it has smaller rops!!!

IMG 0700

Last edited by a moderator:
Rokrangr

Rokrangr

Dec 3, 2014
Fleetwood, NC
Ownership

1. 500
I went with this one and I have no regrets. The only downside to it is access to under hood storage. It's just not a deal barker for me.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I went with this one and I have no regrets. The only downside to it is access to under hood storage. It's just not a deal barker for me.
Exactly.. I put the box and basket on the rack so I didn't need the small under hood storage.

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Dude
great info...
my Honda Tipout
windsheild was much
easier to install
but great pics & info
for the superatv fans
good job

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
The SuperAtv flip windshield is a great addition to the Pioneer 500..
View attachment 28144View attachment 28123
Install was a breeze.

Tools needed..

Ratchet
10mm socket
14mm socket
10mm wrench
12mm wrench
13mm wrench
3/16 Allen wrench
5/32 Allen wrench
Screw driver
Clamp
Mallet- after mounting adjustment

View attachment 28026View attachment 28137View attachment 28131
Start by peeling off the protective film on the lower portion of the windshield. Before mounting to the rops place gasket along the bottom edge (for an easier fit.. put the gasket in a pillowcase and toss in the dryer 30-45 minutes, until warm and pliable)
View attachment 28124
Then install upper bracket for the lower windshield and the windshield catch.
View attachment 28129View attachment 28126View attachment 28125
You can now trim the excess gasket ends once you have the lower windshield positioned to you liking, snuggly against the hood.

View attachment 28127
You can now install the lower windshield retainer clamp by inserting the rubber grommet into the windshield hole.
View attachment 28130
Wrap the retainer clamp around the rops and tighten. I found a vice clamp handy to hold things tight.
View attachment 28128
Secure the back of the upper clamp and careful apply windshield gasket foam to the lower half.
View attachment 28133

Now it's time to move to the upper half.
View attachment 28132
Peel away protective film and mount upper brackets and windshield latch.
View attachment 28134
Mount gas shocks to the lower bracket and place upper windshield on the rops.
View attachment 28135
At this point loosely fit the back of the brackets to the rops.
View attachment 28136
I found it easiest to open the windshield to mount the lower portion of the gas shock. Once mounted and secure, tighten the back of the brackets and use the mallet to adjust as needed by gently taping the brackets up or down.
View attachment 28138

You now have an awesome scratch resistant hard coat windshield and are ready to ride!
View attachment 28140View attachment 28139View attachment 28141View attachment 28142
The SuperATV flip out windshield works great and allows ample air flow when in the upright position. With the windshield up and riding the trails, I experienced no issues with it flopping around or excessive vibration. See videos below.
View attachment 28143

The reviews I've read on that
windsheild....is the brackets
not dogging ya
just sayin....my Honda Tipout
has the best brackets I've seen
& was worth the $....to me
.....windsheild been on 2yrs
& I've had no problems...with clamps
or vibration. ..
just sayin

Reactions: Dp5hunter
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Exactly.. I put the box and basket on the rack so I didn't need the small under hood storage.
I agree JTW
with a windshield
under hood storage
is a hassle

J

JTW

The reviews I've read on that
windsheild....is the brackets
not dogging ya
just sayin....my Honda Tipout
has the best brackets I've seen
& was worth the $....to me
.....windsheild been on 2yrs
& I've had no problems...with clamps
or vibration. ..
just sayin
Glad you mentioned that.. I made a note in the review. The issues with the superatv windshield and the brackets don't affect the p500 as it has smaller rops.

Reactions: Rokrangr and rocmar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!