P1000m3 SuperAtv Tinted Roof... Anybody got one?

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I like the looks of the mentioned roof. I have two concerns.

1) It doesn’t say that it is scratch resistant or hard coat. Not sure if it is. I’d have no hesitation if it was as scratch resistant as the windshields. I am afraid it wouldn’t look so good after a few trips.

2) Looks like it mounts flat to the ROPS. I’m thinking this would be a hindrance as far as adding things to the cage that require clamps, such as a rear view mirror or sound bar.

Anybody had or have one?
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Russ989 and Isaiah
H

HondaTech

They do clamp to the cage, they include a roll of foam to keep it from directly rubbing on the cage.

I would say it's most likely not scratch resistant or hard coat.

Rhino-F350

Rhino-F350

Jun 28, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had one on my old 2016 can am commander , it held up well didn’t scratch and let plenty of light in but help with th the blistering sun in the summer . I liked it , but then we traded for the pioneer and got the Oem roof on the pioneer happy with this as well so far.

P1000_DLux

P1000_DLux

Its Only an Opinion Relax
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 17, 2020
Belfair, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had the same question, I am looking at that roof myself to buy here in a week or two. I put the superatv windshield on today and it was a pain to install but its on there. I like the fact that it lets light in over the soft tops or the oem hardtops. Post a picture if you get it and let me know if it installs well.

Just checked the listing for it and it is hard coated.

Rhino-F350

Rhino-F350

Jun 28, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2E369741 2AB8 402E 8A56 4D8F61A4DF6C

Install wasn’t bad, traded this SxS for my 1000-3

Reactions: kaspar139
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the looks of the mentioned roof. I have two concerns.

1) It doesn’t say that it is scratch resistant or hard coat. Not sure if it is. I’d have no hesitation if it was as scratch resistant as the windshields. I am afraid it wouldn’t look so good after a few trips.

2) Looks like it mounts flat to the ROPS. I’m thinking this would be a hindrance as far as adding things to the cage that require clamps, such as a rear view mirror or sound bar.

Anybody had or have one?
Thoughts?

I looked at one when I bought my 1000-5 but i didn’t like the way it attached to the cage and I was worried that it would get scratched riding in the woods and would get a haze to it. I’m sure it’s good but I just went with the Honda roof, I like the quick clamps and they are tough!

Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I looked at one when I bought my 1000-5 but i didn’t like the way it attached to the cage and I was worried that it would get scratched riding in the woods and would get a haze to it. I’m sure it’s good but I just went with the Honda roof, I like the quick clamps and they are tough!
The Honda roof is tough as nails. I use it to pivot around trees and have used it to save a flip by driving into a tree. The edges that hang over protect the ROPS from getting beat to hell.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Honda roof is tough as nails. I use it to pivot around trees and have used it to save a flip by driving into a tree. The edges that hang over protect the ROPS from getting beat to hell.
I agree, the roof on my 700 took some good hits!

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I ended up going Honda hard top. Like the looks of the see thru but didn’t love the mounting location. I was also afraid it would scratch and look rough.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!