Suspension Seats

Slow-Poke

Slow-Poke

Nov 9, 2020
Nor Cal
Ownership

1. Talon R
Has anyone tried the Simpson or PRP (or any other) suspension seats? Just curious.. People say they make a BIG difference in the ride. I have always heard the Talon seats are better than most other SXS's, but I have not spent enough time in the others to know. Beings my wife has had a couple major back surgeries, I'm looking for the best I can do for her. I already stepped up to 32" tires, and Shock Therapy Springs. Thoughts?

Reactions: TxDoc and BWAF
M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Interesting idea to help with the ride quality (or lack thereof). I do really like the stock seats however.

Reactions: BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wonder if something like this would help

Screenshot 20210705 212425 Samsung Internet

dannyboy

dannyboy

The older I get the better I was
Supporting Member
Dec 11, 2017
NW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-2

3. Talon X
Got a seat question of my own and these vibration dampers might be the answer. With a Super ATV flip windshield mounted on the Talon there is a good deal of windshield bends and hardware to look through. A little more driver seat height would help with seeing over these obstacles. There seems to be plenty of headroom to make the adjustment. I like both the seats and the windshield. Just have this one complaint. Maybe the dampers are a stone that would kill two birds.

Reactions: BWAF
Slow-Poke

Slow-Poke

Nov 9, 2020
Nor Cal
Ownership

1. Talon R
Got a seat question of my own and these vibration dampers might be the answer. With a Super ATV flip windshield mounted on the Talon there is a good deal of windshield bends and hardware to look through. A little more driver seat height would help with seeing over these obstacles. There seems to be plenty of headroom to make the adjustment. I like both the seats and the windshield. Just have this one complaint. Maybe the dampers are a stone that would kill two birds.
I think dampeners would help with fine vibration (and height) but I'm looking at suspension seats for the hard chop/chatter. The things that make your tailbone sole after a days ride. If those dampeners were more like a valve spring, it seems like they would absorb a little more.

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I see that you did the shock therapy springs, but to get into the valving makes a huge difference. I went with weller and am quite happy. Prp seats are good stuff also, but i would expect shock work to be a better improvement for the money.

Reactions: PaulF and Rednick69
Rednick69

Rednick69

Sep 10, 2020
White Hall, AR.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I see that you did the shock therapy springs, but to get into the valving makes a huge difference. I went with weller and am quite happy. Prp seats are good stuff also, but i would expect shock work to be a better improvement for the money.
@Slow-Poke I'm interested in this answer as well.

Slow-Poke

Slow-Poke

Nov 9, 2020
Nor Cal
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks... I might do that this winter when I have more time to disassemble and ship. I was thinking seats cause I could bang it out in about an hour and not have the machine down for 3-4 weeks. The springs helped, but now the body roll is a little over the top. But I understood there would be a trade off.

Reactions: Dankathy
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
if possible find a place that has the seats in stock. I had PRP seats in my YXZ and had to shim them to get the upright seating position back (mine leaned back more like a CanAm seat). May be totally different in the talon, but something you may want to think about.

Also the amount of bolster can be better or worse when getting in & out. Hard to explain (wife found it much harder to get in & out with ours ) but another reason to set in what you are buying before buying.

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks... I might do that this winter when I have more time to disassemble and ship. I was thinking seats cause I could bang it out in about an hour and not have the machine down for 3-4 weeks. The springs helped, but now the body roll is a little over the top. But I understood there would be a trade off.
On the shipping/down time on the shock revalve, we are in southern utah so we decided to do a road trip to weller racing in chandler az- fuel and one night in a room was about the same cost as shipping. We dropped stuff off mid afternoon one day, picked them up the next day late morning and headed home. All customer service should be like wellers. I see you are in north California so the freight may work against you, but 3-4 week turn around would very much suprise me. I had contacted them prior, made a plan including an appointment and a deposit. Hope you can find a way to make your wife comfortable, hard to have fun when she's hurting.

Reactions: Slow-Poke
advertisement
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I also have and recommend Weller for comfort. I have another R that has Fine Line tuned shocks and have driven a couple ST tuned machines and my Weller is by far the most plush (because I asked them for plush), Fine Line is next and ST is the harshest.

I much prefer my Weller tuned machine on the trails and my Fine Line tuned machine at the dunes. ST tends to tune for desert and racing so they will be a little harsher as expected. They each have their uses.

Reactions: Slow-Poke

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!