Swap those gas cans for charge cables. Honda going all electric.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I’ll be gone by 2040. 🤷‍♂️
I might not be gone, but likely relegated to an electric wheelchair. At least that venue tech should be mature by then. I'll just swap out Hondas BNG on the sides and call it a new model, until I can't 🤧

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
If they go that route in '40, who knows? Thankfully, I doubt I'll still be riding in 16 years. EV vehicles have a long way to go plus the need for an expansion of the grid. Can you imagine how much more expensive riding one of these would be? Dealers hate seeing these coming due to less moving parts and reason for servicing. Maybe at this point someone may develop a George Jetson sort of craft for off road navigation? Recently we were dining outdoors at a popular spot and some asshole in a Honda Electric Vehicle was trying to Park. The vehicle was putting off a high pitched screeching noise while in reverse, plus the asshole couldn't drive. Oh the Madness. Everyone around us were looking in horror and laughing with regard to how annoying the thing was. I suppose the noise was there to alert everyone that at least one fool was intrigued?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Now if'n some Honda Engineer would do this off-road EV SXS right, it would have an electric motor in each wheel, forego axels and differentials as fail points and a low CG battery pack good for 150 miles under any conditions even 20 degrees F.

Imagine a 50" SXS like that above, it could have 10 - 12" of suspension without the limitations of short axels and offset differentials. Ah screw it, even if that happened bean counter would make them use $40 harbor freight shocks.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I might not be gone, but likely relegated to an electric wheelchair. At least that venue tech should be mature by then. I'll just swap out Hondas BNG on the sides and call it a new model, until I can't 🤧
Hoverrounds have been around for a while. Maybe you can get a GT model.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If they go that route in '40, who knows? Thankfully, I doubt I'll still be riding in 16 years. EV vehicles have a long way to go plus the need for an expansion of the grid. Can you imagine how much more expensive riding one of these would be? Dealers hate seeing these coming due to less moving parts and reason for servicing. Maybe at this point someone may develop a George Jetson sort of craft for off road navigation? Recently we were dining outdoors at a popular spot and some asshole in a Honda Electric Vehicle was trying to Park. The vehicle was putting off a high pitched screeching noise while in reverse, plus the asshole couldn't drive. Oh the Madness. Everyone around us were looking in horror and laughing with regard to how annoying the thing was. I suppose the noise was there to alert everyone that at least one fool was intrigued?
The wife’s 2023 Hyundai has a backup alarm, but it’s a little tune, and not annoying, and the car is a Hybrid.

advertisement
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Think about everything that the government has done for us. Covid, The NSA, FBI, CIA, has migration and the Bio-Warfare things over time, you wonder why they're so hellbent on EVs? They're driving everyone from the burbs back into highly populated areas as well. I'm guessing when they have done away with fossil fuels, they can shut down the grid to have full control over everyone. Probably straight from Bill Gates himself.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Think about everything that the government has done for us. Covid, The NSA, FBI, CIA, has migration and the Bio-Warfare things over time, you wonder why they're so hellbent on EVs? They're driving everyone from the burbs back into highly populated areas as well. I'm guessing when they have done away with fossil fuels, they can shut down the grid to have full control over everyone. Probably straight from Bill Gates himself.
One only has to see who in our Congress has a financial interest to profit from by enacting legislation which encourages this tech and places a financial penalty on mfgs. continuing ICE vehicles. It always boils down to who benefits, & follow the money.

If our elected officials just wore jackets like NASCAR with all their sponsor patches it would be so much easier to identify who bought and paid for them to vote the way they do.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
One only has to see who in our Congress has a financial interest that they would profit from by enacting legislation which encourages this tech and places a financial penalty on mfgs continuing ICE vehicles. It always boils down to who benefits, & follow the money.

If our elected officials just wore jackets like NASCAR with all their sponsor patches it would be so much easier to identify who bought and paid for them to vote the way they do.
Yup. Anyone who believes they're pushing EVs to save the planet is an F'n moron. So long as China and India exist, nothing the US does is going to matter. It's all a giant grift.

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's unfortunate that the government is pushing the industry this way. The technology just isn't there yet. Good luck getting all those guys at Sturgis on an EV motorcycle.

Until they can go from a nearly empty battery to a full charge in under 15 minutes you just won't get the adoption by the consumer no matter how much you try to force it. Especially in rural areas.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
It's unfortunate that the government is pushing the industry this way. The technology just isn't there yet. Good luck getting all those guys at Sturgis on an EV motorcycle.

Until they can go from a nearly empty battery to a full charge in under 15 minutes you just won't get the adoption by the consumer no matter how much you try to force it. Especially in rural areas.
Yea, so the really old guys on there Harleys will be like the old people on horses today.
Yes they will exist but they will more and more become the fringe element.

The EV IS the compromise that the government landed on.
The true environmentalists want us to use mass transit. (the hard core environmentalists want us to bold our breath and die).
And before you say it - the only busses that pass anywhere near my house out in the country are the school busses.

Can you see Americans settling for mass transit?
What is the point of being a first world country if this is what your morning comute looks like:
Main qimg a36c89dcc9f42b0277f63ae82f681908 lq

And yes, I lived in Tokyo for a few years.
When you hit the train platform in the morning and you saw the 'pushers' on the platform you knew you where in for a ride.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV

The more ev there are, the more they can “monitor” (control) and the better they can tax you or penalize you for the amount you drive.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I heard today that the government has over 7 billion dollars for charging stations and only 7 have been built. In the fine lines of the bill the stations have to be built by a minority contractor and all kinds of stipulations come with that. Government subsidies galore that the US Tax payer has to pay also. 😞😞

advertisement