P500 SWAY BAR REMOVAL.....BUT STILL FLOPPED ON SIDE ?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Anti sway bar can prevent high speed flops, removing it can prevent low speed flops on rough, uneven terrain. It depends on your driving style and terrain as to whether removing it is good for you. I removed mine but dont drive fast n crazy on roads, etc.
Also....the amount of weight
has alot to do with it...

J

JTW

Also....the amount of weight
has alot to do with it...
Yeah.. I'd be interested to see difference with an elk loaded on the back. Anyone with experience both ways with heavy loads?

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah.. I'd be interested to see difference with an elk loaded on the back. Anyone with experience both ways with heavy loads?
Oh yeah...
one member CLAIMS they
did a total rollover...landing
back on wheels....& kept going
down the trail...
he's loaded with toolbox...2
coolers....3 fuel containers...
a front rollbar mounted rear view
mirror & sound bar....
....................?
only happens that way....
in the movies

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3748

I know everyone is tired of talking about this, but I hadn't chimed in yet. :D Is tipping over a P500 even a problem? How many people have done this? Now I'm done. :)

J

JTW

I loaded mine with wood and no problems, just need to adjust shocks preload not bottom out (I have no anti sway bar)
Did I read somewhere where you keep a spanner wrench with you for that very reason?

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
I know everyone is tired of talking about this, but I hadn't chimed in yet. :D Is tipping over a P500 even a problem? How many people have done this? Now I'm done. :)
I have twice...both slow moving situations....Once going downhill backwards (oh yeah, my fault) and another entering a mudhole and not knowing there was a DEEP rut in there-LOL

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Many P5's have been on their sides. Most are crawling through rough terrain. I've only seen one on its side at high speed, it was a kid driving and ASB was attached. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: SBuckJ
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
What I've experienced is the anti sway is nice for speed (if you call 60 kph speed...) on gravel roads and heavy loads, provides a predictable drift too when buzzing around empty. Where non anti sway is favourable is rough uneven terrain, light to moderate loads. Was it on here someone made an anti sway that would uncouple via a cable mechanism? Its a pretty cool idea at any rate its on the list just down a ways.

j

Reactions: trigger and Eltobgi
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What I've experienced is the anti sway is nice for speed (if you call 60 kph speed...) on gravel roads and heavy loads, provides a predictable drift too when buzzing around empty. Where non anti sway is favourable is rough uneven terrain, light to moderate loads. Was it on here someone made an anti sway that would uncouple via a cable mechanism? Its a pretty cool idea at any rate its on the list just down a ways.

j

Toyota has system like this , called KDSS, in my 4runner ,anti sway bars disengage when in 4 low crawl mode

I did it manually and permanently :). I guess I took one more thing away that could break

Reactions: Eltobgi
D

Deleted member 3748

Toyota has system like this , called KDSS, in my 4runner ,anti sway bars disengage when in 4 low crawl mode

I did it manually and permanently :). I guess I took one more thing away that could break

I'm going to take another look at this sway bar. I bet I could set up something similar with cotter pins and zip ties. :D

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Just packed one bull moose and one 380 bull elk, side hill up hill down hill. She didn't hesitate. And I didn't even once miss the sway bar. Kind of funny it even still gets brought up, I will say... What a beast! This thing has proven priceless .

Talen

Talen

Aug 7, 2015
Central PA
A
Removing the sway bar will make it tip easier... that's what the sway bar is meant to prevent. However, without the sway bar it should lean more and scare some people before it's too late.
actually no. It wont tip easier. The only thing it does is allow the rear ro break loose. And this machine cant any how

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just packed one bull moose and one 380 bull elk, side hill up hill down hill. She didn't hesitate. And I didn't even once miss the sway bar. Kind of funny it even still gets brought up, I will say... What a beast! This thing has proven priceless .
Good job Stacy! I didn't think you'd miss the ASB. It still gets brought up because there's new P5 owners everyday and new members to this forum that want to know about it.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Kool....
good for you.....
pics of the moose
would of been kool

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!