P500 SWAY BAR REMOVAL.....BUT STILL FLOPPED ON SIDE ?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Seems those who took it off
....are still tipping over....
Just saying....
pictures say a 1,000 words
....don't they

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I know....
operator error

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
How many times have you tipped yours with it on?
why can't we drop this issue
removing the sway bar is a judgement call,some like it some don't
can't we just leave it at that?
Twice....
once was first day
Once.....bank gave way
both operator error. ...
& still wouldn't say
I've got it mastered

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
But...could remove mine.....
cause my riding terrain ...will
be changing....drastically. ..
& 2" spacers

advertisement
J

JTW

If removing the sway bar doesn't provide some measure of added stability. Wonder why Yamaha had sway bars removed as part of the rhino recall then?

Reactions: Talen and Chooglin
D

Deleted member 3748

If removing the sway bar doesn't provide some measure of added stability. Wonder why Yamaha had sway bars removed as part of the rhino recall then?

Because the machines would sway more and people would slow down in the turns. It didn't make them roll less, it gave everyone some warning that they were driving too hard.

D

Deleted member 3748

They call it a sway bar, but it's really called an anti-sway bar. There's nothing about that part where removing it would make it roll less... it's the opposite. People remove it because it softens the rear suspension and gives a smoother ride at the expense of stiff handling.

Reactions: rocmar
J

JTW

I get what you're saying and in some circumstances you're absolutely right.. But by reducing the suspension travel with it on.. there are just as many situations where it can cause issues. That's the thing about a P5.. It's not a car!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They call it a sway bar, but it's really called an anti-sway bar. There's nothing about that part where removing it would make it roll less... it's the opposite. People remove it because it softens the rear suspension and gives a smoother ride at the expense of stiff handling.
My experience is the opposite. The suspension was stiffer with sway attached and I regularly got one or more wheels off the ground in those rutted up and Rocky trails. Not any longer. I found the sway bar problematic.

Reactions: Talen and JTW
sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Anti sway bar can prevent high speed flops, removing it can prevent low speed flops on rough, uneven terrain. It depends on your driving style and terrain as to whether removing it is good for you. I removed mine but dont drive fast n crazy on roads, etc.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Anti sway bar can prevent high speed flops, removing it can prevent low speed flops on rough, uneven terrain. It depends on your driving style and terrain as to whether removing it is good for you. I removed mine but dont drive fast n crazy on roads, etc.

Exactly -in our slow rough steep hills it is way better wth it off. Haven't tipped it yet

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I get what you're saying and in some circumstances you're absolutely right.. But by reducing the suspension travel with it on.. there are just as many situations where it can cause issues. That's the thing about a P5.. It's not a car!
Yep......
it's a utility vehicle
....not a sport veichle

Reactions: Talen and JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!