P700 Switch Illumination

C

Clarky

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2013
I finally got everything working. I used the connector going to the headlight switch under the hood. I tapped into the white wire. For ground, I drilled into the frame and ran a screw into it.

Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• 20151014_212418.jpg
    20151014_212418.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: Hondasxs
M

mrichard

Feb 28, 2016
US
I finally got everything working. I used the connector going to the headlight switch under the hood. I tapped into the white wire. For ground, I drilled into the frame and ran a screw into it.

Thanks for all your help.
I have a question about wiring the lights in my winch switch. My switch has 10 pens like the one in the illustration I now have incoming power connected to pin 5 and outgoing and incoming winch control on pin 4 & 6 my question is to get the lights to come on when I activate the switch do I need to install a jumper between pins 1&8 and pins 3&10 along with the ground on pins 7 and 9
Uploadfromtaptalk1460326710557

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
no jump 6 and 9, 4 and 7 and ground 8 and 10. I was going to do mine like that but its pointless because you finger willl be covering the lite when its on. I ended up just wiring the lights to come on with the head lite switch. Here's mine with the factory headlights on ,the lower lights in the switches will turn on when the individual switch is turned on.

Last edited:
M

mrichard

Feb 28, 2016
US
no jump 6 and 9, 4 and 7 and ground 8 and 10. I was going to do mine like that but its pointless because you finger willl be covering the lite when its on. I ended up just wiring the lights to come on with the head lite switch. Here's mine with the factory headlights on ,the lower lights in the switches will turn on when the individual switch is turned on.
Is there someplace to look at a wiring diagram for this accessory harness I'm trying to figure out what color wires are what. It looks like they used red for hot yellow for ground and I don't know what yellow with a red stripe is

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I couldn't find schematics on the accy wiring. Ended up getting the volt meter out and figuring it out that way. I put one fuse in at a time, checked the wiring at the plug for the switch and removed which ever wires I wanted to use from the plug to put on the switch. It's been a while since I've played around in there, but I think honda supplied the switches with positive power on the red and the yellow w/ red stripe is the wire that goes back to the plug for the accy. Below is a picture of my winch switch using the wiring from the windshield wiper wiring, positive in the middle and the in/out wiring on the other two.
20150922 161503 zpsonptl8hz

The next picture shows where I ran the wiring from the winch contactor to the accy circuit board and tied them into the windshield wiper plug (plug with black and white wires on it)
20150628 151001 zpsi2devuza

if you going to use the light bar/ aux lights circuits with led lights the polarity goes like this on the circuit board plug
20150922 161818 zpsxztb1wko

M

mrichard

Feb 28, 2016
US
Thanks for the reply that helps a bunch I started sorting everything out last night with the tester and got the winch switch and light switch hooked up all I need to do is tap into the headlights and ground everything

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Thanks for the reply that helps a bunch I started sorting everything out last night with the tester and got the winch switch and light switch hooked up all I need to do is tap into the headlights and ground everything

No problem, i ment to write down all the wire colors and where they go for the accy's when I did mine but apparently I failed to do so. I do have the numbers for the plugs/pins that go into the circuit board if you need them. I think theres a ground in the plug for the wiper switch, but again I'd have to look to be sure.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!