P700 Switch on relay for accessory switches

B

Bradclem20

May 21, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey all. So I ordered my switch plate from Mystic for my 2020 700-4 and ordered my switches. I also purchases a 6 way fuse block to run all my power for the switches. I was wondering what would be a good idea for a relay of sorts that would make it so the power only goes to the fuse block by way of turning on the key. I thought maybe just pulling off the 12v acc. power but figured with 6 switches running a variety of things that i would be replacing a 10A fuse quite often. Any input on what i should be doing or looking for?

tonyc

tonyc

Jan 3, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome!
That is exactly what i did on my 2019 700-4. I used the switched power to energize the relay that then powered up my fuse block. I then took the power for the switches from that fuse block. Your accessories circuit will never see those loads, just the load of the coil that energized the fuse block, so no need to worry about that 10amp fuse. I tapped into the cigarette lighter for the switched power. I did put a 100 amp breaker in front of the fuse block. There is quite a bit of info if you search it out on this site regarding this very same mod. Hope this and the attached pictures help!

IMG 0417
IMG 0464
IMG 0465
IMG 0603
IMG 0604
IMG 0417
IMG 0464

Reactions: 1811tactical
JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was wondering what would be a good idea for a relay of sorts

I used this relay, but some other guys have had trouble with it in cold weather. Its cheaper and available on Amazon when i needed it, we will see this winter if it gives me any issues.
https://www.amazon.com/Stinger-SGP32-Battery-Relay-Isolator/dp/B001HBYXVS?tag=sxsweb24-20

i have seen good reviews of the Cole Hersee solenoids. here is a link to their website where i have narrowed the selection down a bit. you need to choose the one that matches the amperage you need.
Solenoids - Cole Hersee

Found a 200A available on Amazon, really not that much more expensive than the stinger. this would be a good choice
Amazon.com: Cole Hersee 24213 12V 200A Continuous Solenoid: Electronics

Any input on what i should be doing or looking for?

this is definitely worth using from the club store
KEY ON POWER Harness for Honda Pioneer 1000, 700, 500, and Talon 1000.

I added a switch to mine that allows me to change between the accessories always on or have them only on with the key. i really like that feature.

tonyc

tonyc

Jan 3, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
I agree. I tapped into my wiring and should of used the harness!

B

Bradclem20

May 21, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome!
That is exactly what i did on my 2019 700-4. I used the switched power to energize the relay that then powered up my fuse block. I then took the power for the switches from that fuse block. Your accessories circuit will never see those loads, just the load of the coil that energized the fuse block, so no need to worry about that 10amp fuse. I tapped into the cigarette lighter for the switched power. I did put a 100 amp breaker in front of the fuse block. There is quite a bit of info if you search it out on this site regarding this very same mod. Hope this and the attached pictures help!

View attachment 207307View attachment 207308View attachment 207309View attachment 207310View attachment 207311View attachment 207307View attachment 207308

OK yes this is exactly what i was thinking! I was worried about powering the fuse block off the cigarette lighter cause of the 10 amp fuse but this is perfect!

Did you power the 100A breaker directly from the battery or did you tie in to the solenoid for the winch?

Thanks so much the pictures do help a lot!

tonyc

tonyc

Jan 3, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 700-4
Glad to help! A lot of great rescourses on this site! I came right from the battery! I did not do a 2 battery set-up either. Just dont have an immediate need, but i am a fan of the idea.

D

dalis7393

May 25, 2020
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello,
What i just configured on my 2020 700-4 Deluxe was install a Stinger SGP38 Isolator/Relay which i ran power from the main battery to the stinger. On the other terminal i ran a power lead to my 2nd fuse panel that i just installed. I ran a power wire from the stinger to accessory power that activates when the key is powered on that then opens the relay and sends power to the fuse panel. I have just gotten these components installed and so far i have my lighted mirrors, radio and voltmeter/usb charging ports set up . I am going to add more but for now this is all i have set up. I also went with the Isolator/Relay so when and if i decide to put in a second battery, everything is all set up for me to install it. I have gotten a lot of ideas for this through this site and want to thank all who have shared their ideas. I am attachign a couple photos.
20200614 103409
20200614 10340920200614 103430

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!