P1000 Switch Lighting

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Getting ready to finish up switch panel…….. So, where did you guys/gals pick up power for your switch lighting and why …..

Thanks

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
All my accessories are powered by a fuse box that is powered either (a) when key-on power is present or (b) directly from the AUX battery. The position of that DPDT switch determines if it's key-on or AUX/direct.

My switch lighting is powered from that fuse box.

Reactions: packer58
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I see no reason to wire the led's to a light circuit. I did my first 700 this way but really didn't see a need afterwards. Them being on during the day has no ill effects. Plus you can only control the bottom light on most common 5 pin rockers.

If your a hunter and want them OFF. I recomend daisy chaining the grounds and having push button switch to open/close this circuit. This would kill both top and bottom led's.

And if you really want to find a lighted circuit. I recomend the tail light wire as it's always on with headlights.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used the information learned from this thread.
and then used a Add-a-circuit Fuse TAP Adapter like this for switched power
Have a good day

Last edited:
Reactions: packer58
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks fellas, i ended up controlling the switch's lower independent or off position led through my secondary fuse panel that is controlled by the club stores AUX/OFF/KEY-ON switch. That way i felt like i had the best of all worlds........
Iv'e been taking quite a few pics during my project and will share them at some point soon, some ideas i might have stole from this site and others will get stolen...oooops, borrowed from me from a member or two.

Thanks again to all that have been very helpful

Hopefully the POIDH sheriff doesn't nab me for my lack of pics................i promise ......there coming....

Reactions: JenElio
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
One of my next projects to get done is the bilge fan, I already have the fan and switch but would like to run a thermo switch under the seat for automatic fan kick on at a predetermined temp.........for those that have done this what thermo switches have worked out for you....

Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!