P1000 Switch Lighting

P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Getting ready to finish up switch panel…….. So, where did you guys/gals pick up power for your switch lighting and why …..

Thanks

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
All my accessories are powered by a fuse box that is powered either (a) when key-on power is present or (b) directly from the AUX battery. The position of that DPDT switch determines if it's key-on or AUX/direct.

My switch lighting is powered from that fuse box.

Reactions: packer58
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I see no reason to wire the led's to a light circuit. I did my first 700 this way but really didn't see a need afterwards. Them being on during the day has no ill effects. Plus you can only control the bottom light on most common 5 pin rockers.

If your a hunter and want them OFF. I recomend daisy chaining the grounds and having push button switch to open/close this circuit. This would kill both top and bottom led's.

And if you really want to find a lighted circuit. I recomend the tail light wire as it's always on with headlights.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used the information learned from this thread.
and then used a Add-a-circuit Fuse TAP Adapter like this for switched power
Have a good day

Last edited:
Reactions: packer58
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks fellas, i ended up controlling the switch's lower independent or off position led through my secondary fuse panel that is controlled by the club stores AUX/OFF/KEY-ON switch. That way i felt like i had the best of all worlds........
Iv'e been taking quite a few pics during my project and will share them at some point soon, some ideas i might have stole from this site and others will get stolen...oooops, borrowed from me from a member or two.

Thanks again to all that have been very helpful

Hopefully the POIDH sheriff doesn't nab me for my lack of pics................i promise ......there coming....

Reactions: JenElio
P

packer58

Jun 17, 2021
N. Cali
Ownership

1. 1000-3
One of my next projects to get done is the bilge fan, I already have the fan and switch but would like to run a thermo switch under the seat for automatic fan kick on at a predetermined temp.........for those that have done this what thermo switches have worked out for you....

Thanks