P1000 System 3 0r Sedona Ripsaws Traction; compared to OEM Bighorns

M

Montster

Nov 13, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am trying to decide which tire to go with next. I plow snow with the pioneer and need great snow traction and I run steep trails and sides of hills in WV. I run on pavement some. I am hoping to figure out which tire would be best for my needs. I do want to try to find something that will have at least decent longevity as well. Have any of you guys had any comparisons between these tires, or have any solid recommendations? I am super impressed at how well the big horns have performed in the snow for me.. and on trails.. they have just wore down fast and I have had several flats and cuts in them already.. Will I lose traction in snow, by switching away from the bighorns and going to either of the System 3 or Ripsaw tires? Or even the tusk terrabites? Any info or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Rumor is that RipSaws suck in the snow. I know first hand they don't perform as well as BH's in sand. Keep in mind that aftermarket BH's have a higher ply rating and my experience is they wear like iron. No idea on the other tires you mentioned.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am trying to decide which tire to go with next. I plow snow with the pioneer and need great snow traction and I run steep trails and sides of hills in WV. I run on pavement some. I am hoping to figure out which tire would be best for my needs. I do want to try to find something that will have at least decent longevity as well. Have any of you guys had any comparisons between these tires, or have any solid recommendations? I am super impressed at how well the big horns have performed in the snow for me.. and on trails.. they have just wore down fast and I have had several flats and cuts in them already.. Will I lose traction in snow, by switching away from the bighorns and going to either of the System 3 or Ripsaw tires? Or even the tusk terrabites? Any info or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.
So I swapped out my stock BH’s and went with the Rip Saws 28-10-14 on all 4 corners, so far I’ve been pretty pleased with them, my first ride with them was last September at RRB, during a tropical storm no less and it was as a mud fest, tires preformed well on all surfaces (rock crawls, mud pits, gravel road, paved road,etc) I’ve recently been riding in S.Fla (mud and sugar sand ) with no issues. I went with the rip saws because they have a 1 1/4” deep tread and figured they would take awhile to wear down. They clean out good in mud, but I don’t know how they will do in snow. Hope that helps, good luck.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m at 8500 ft. In Colorado. I run 28”, 8 ply Ripsaws. I use my machine 90% of the time in snow. I wouldn’t run anything but Ripsaws. Excellent traction in snow. Don’t even consider a 6 ply tire.

508E8875 42F6 4580 AAA1 DD781F68A37E

Reactions: Lady01 and Coeus
R

rickoshea

if i didn't have tracks for winter,i'd most definitely have a dedicated winter tire.i have 3 different sets for my truck for different applications.it takes 20 mins to swap tires on a pioneer if you stop for a coffee break in the middle.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!