Tach wire

J

Jackett

Apr 3, 2021
Houlton
Ownership

1. Talon X
Can someone please tell me where the wire is to tap an aftermarket tach into or what wire should I use if there is a better one

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Can someone please tell me where the wire is to tap an aftermarket tach into or what wire should I use if there is a better one
What wire to use would depend on the tach. Most will tap into the negative side of one of the coils (Green/Yellow on the front coil or Green/Orange on the rear coil) and then you would configured it as a 1 cylinder.

Be careful, some tachs will only do 4, 6 or 8 cylinders. Do you have a tach in mind?

Reactions: Hondasxs
S

Smoke974

Mar 28, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am just looking to install a shift light. I'm looking at the MSD Digital Programable Shift Light. After some research, I've found a possible solution. For me, an MSD Shift Light + an MSD GMR Pickup. I believe their GMR pickup will work by attaching it to the coil wire. If you want to do a tach, I think (but am not positive) that you could just use the MSD GMR Pickup on the coil wire and attach any tach that is programable for 2 cylinder engines. If I try it with the shift light, I'll post results and let you know.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
S

Smoke974

Mar 28, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am just looking to install a shift light. I'm looking at the MSD Digital Programable Shift Light. After some research, I've found a possible solution. For me, an MSD Shift Light + an MSD GMR Pickup. I believe their GMR pickup will work by attaching it to the coil wire. If you want to do a tach, I think (but am not positive) that you could just use the MSD GMR Pickup on the coil wire and attach any tach that is programable for 2 cylinder engines. If I try it with the shift light, I'll post results and let you know.
So I ordered the MSD Programable Shift light today. I ordered the one with a Single Shift Point. It actually comes with the GMR pickup so we will see how this goes.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So I ordered the MSD Programable Shift light today. I ordered the one with a Single Shift Point. It actually comes with the GMR pickup so we will see how this goes.
Oh in may ways….
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! 🤣 🥳

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!