P1000m5 Tail gate extender

Rockdog44

Rockdog44

May 9, 2016
Tuolumne county
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Image Can some tell me about the tail gate bracket. I bought the two brackets that allow the tail gate to lay flat. I would like to know why the original brackets have several curves and tips? Where the new extended brackets are just L brackets. ($25.00) including delivery. Very expensive for two brackets. What is the purpose of the original brackets.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 153284 Can some tell me about the tail gate bracket. I bought the two brackets that allow the tail gate to lay flat. I would like to know why the original brackets have several curves and tips? Where the new extended brackets are just L brackets. ($25.00) including delivery. Very expensive for two brackets. What is the purpose of the original brackets.
When you ordered, did you not know what the product consist of???

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think your original pieces might be part of a hardbody kit of some sort?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
the 2 brackets you posted are for rubber straps to connect to on the bed extender to keep it from bouncing i dont have a current good picture of it. but thats why they look like that. the other 2 brackets that arent shown if you have them bolt into place on sides of bed where tailgate closes. the bed extender is just sit in and rotate in and out just like truck ones. 159bf359c5d951c584ee7ae3578fd4c9

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Rockdog44

Rockdog44

May 9, 2016
Tuolumne county
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the 2 brackets you posted are for rubber straps to connect to on the bed extender to keep it from bouncing i dont have a current good picture of it. but thats why they look like that. the other 2 brackets that arent shown if you have them bolt into place on sides of bed where tailgate closes. the bed extender is just sit in and rotate in and out just like truck ones. View attachment 153310

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Thank you for the info

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!