Talon 1000 OEM winch

P

Passio

Feb 18, 2020
Denver
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hello all. I purchased the OEM warn winch for my Talon. Followed the installation instructions to a T. The issue I see is the winch line is spooling out from the bottom. Due to this, it then has to feed over a vertical wall of the mount to go through the opening of the mount. Bottom line is if the line was spooled the opposite way, it would line up perfectly. Has anyone else witnessed this? Today I flipped the winch so now the wiring is on the passenger side which fixed the spooling issue but now the switch is backwards. Out is in and in is out. Not a huge issue but something isn't right and with how much Honda charges for accessories, it would be nice to have it work as it should.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello all. I purchased the OEM warn winch for my Talon. Followed the installation instructions to a T. The issue I see is the winch line is spooling out from the bottom. Due to this, it then has to feed over a vertical wall of the mount to go through the opening of the mount. Bottom line is if the line was spooled the opposite way, it would line up perfectly. Has anyone else witnessed this? Today I flipped the winch so now the wiring is on the passenger side which fixed the spooling issue but now the switch is backwards. Out is in and in is out. Not a huge issue but something isn't right and with how much Honda charges for accessories, it would be nice to have it work as it should.
Flip your wires on the selenoid box. There is 3 wire with slide on pins the 2 outside ones are your in and out control.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
You just need to flip 1 set of wires. Whichever is easiest for you.
You can flip it at several locations.
- on the winch itself. Just flip the 2 large wires.
- at the solenoid. Same. Flip the large guage wires running to the winch.
- solenoid control wires. This is the small black and green wire going to the selonide in most cases.

Doing any 1 of these will reverse the winch.

Reactions: Mudwing
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just to confirm, there are the two wires going to the winch. One marked blue and one yellow. If I switch those around, it will reverse the control of in and out?
Yes. But watch those. The second nut if it backs off any tighten it but watch the stud. Make sure it doesnt spin. The stud inside is soldered to the wire that runs the brushes on the motor. So if the stud spins you can mess the winch up.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!