Talon 1000 X4 dog deck

R

Rocking67

Aug 17, 2020
California
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Hey,

Like a lot of things for the Talon I could not find a dog deck for the back seat of my Talon. I have 2 boxers and they pretty much go everywhere with us. I know a lot of people do not take their dogs, but we do.

The deck is made of 5 seperate pieces, easy in, easy out and easy to access the fuel tank. The deck is 2 pieces on each side and a center console piece. I used scrap 3/8" plywood I had in the shop, new plywood prices are crazy right now. I cut slots on the rear side so the deck can slide back against the rear firewall. The deck slips over the seat tubing and seatbelt and sits on the seat rails. The lower seat cushions are removed. The front half of the deck has supports that rest on the floor. I bought a $20 indoor/outdoor carpert and glued it to the plywood.

Using dog seatbelt leashes, we don't have to worry them falling or jumping out of the ride. A couple of dog cushions and they will be happy cmapers.

20210515 112618 20210428 155646 20210515 112559

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Hey,

Like a lot of things for the Talon I could not find a dog deck for the back seat of my Talon. I have 2 boxers and they pretty much go everywhere with us. I know a lot of people do not take their dogs, but we do.

The deck is made of 5 seperate pieces, easy in, easy out and easy to access the fuel tank. The deck is 2 pieces on each side and a center console piece. I used scrap 3/8" plywood I had in the shop, new plywood prices are crazy right now. I cut slots on the rear side so the deck can slide back against the rear firewall. The deck slips over the seat tubing and seatbelt and sits on the seat rails. The lower seat cushions are removed. The front half of the deck has supports that rest on the floor. I bought a $20 indoor/outdoor carpert and glued it to the plywood.

Using dog seatbelt leashes, we don't have to worry them falling or jumping out of the ride. A couple of dog cushions and they will be happy cmapers.

View attachment 272508 View attachment 272509 View attachment 272510
Very nice innovative work....😎

Reactions: WagginTail
L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I like it! I might try something similar but cut into their space by converting the footwell area into storage. Right now it’s where I put a 5gal jerry can on one side and a Milwaukee toolbox with recovery gear on the other. Would be nice to make them more secure and still have good space for pups.

Reactions: Smitty335
R

Rocking67

Aug 17, 2020
California
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I understand the space issue. I am trying to organize and mount all of my gear in the rear cargo area. Fortunately, I have time to play around with how I want it organized and time to fabricate what I need. I am working on a spare tire carrier and hi-lift jack mount. I want them out of the way and with easy access. It's never ending.

Reactions: Montecresto
L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So at least for now I'm going low-tech for the pups. Got a nice canvas tarp to put over the rear seat cushions and may experiment with pulling it up to cover the backrests too. I won't have to worry about any claws accidentally puncturing the seats.

Plus I like the dual value of having a tarp on board for any number of situations.

That said, think it's because I'm not as good a craftsman as Rockin67 to do something way nicer.

IMG 2308

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!