Talon Talon alignment

T

TBurgoon

Jun 16, 2020
Paola, Kansas
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I just got a talon R and I was wondering if any one has had a problem with rear toe out? My left rear wheel has toe out while my right has toe in.
were you able to get this fixed. I've had my 2020 1000x-4 for about three months and while at the sand dunes had someone point out that my driver's rear was toe in. I measured it and it's off about two inches. It's the only one that is off. Dropped it off at the dealership today (12/28/20). The were not sure what to do with it. Kept asking if I had been hit on that corner which I had not. Also, had the driver's front axle seal leaking.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
were you able to get this fixed. I've had my 2020 1000x-4 for about three months and while at the sand dunes had someone point out that my driver's rear was toe in. I measured it and it's off about two inches. It's the only one that is off. Dropped it off at the dealership today (12/28/20). The were not sure what to do with it. Kept asking if I had been hit on that corner which I had not. Also, had the driver's front axle seal leaking.
Check the link in my sig for info on leaking differential seals. On some units the nipple into the frame is plugged with adhesive, as the diff heats up and the air expands, oil gets pushed out because it can't vent to atmosphere. My 2020 was leaking at 300 miles (LF).

Corvettejo

Corvettejo

Jan 6, 2021
Ownership

1. Talon R
Picked my talon x up last week sub trans was low on oil toe out was a inch off steering wheel was put on crooked kinda disapointed in honda
Same here just picked mine up last week. A 2021 2 seater Live Valve. Subtrans low on oil, Coolant reservoir low on coolant and the Steering wheel was off center to the left.

T

TBurgoon

Jun 16, 2020
Paola, Kansas
Ownership

1. Talon X4
update on mine. Honda had it for two weeks due to the front seal and the rear tire toe in. They fixed the seal with a new seal but told me that could find nothing wrong or bent with the rear suspension. I asked about why the toe in and they told me the techs could not figure it out and their was no fix. They suggested I get adjustable radius arms but I don't see how that helps. I feel like the rear trailing arm is what is bent due to the amount of gap between the frame and arm.

tman2th

tman2th

Jul 19, 2021
Green River, Wy
Ownership

1. Talon R
update on mine. Honda had it for two weeks due to the front seal and the rear tire toe in. They fixed the seal with a new seal but told me that could find nothing wrong or bent with the rear suspension. I asked about why the toe in and they told me the techs could not figure it out and their was no fix. They suggested I get adjustable radius arms but I don't see how that helps. I feel like the rear trailing arm is what is bent due to the amount of gap between the frame and arm.
Were you able to get this figured out? Mine is pretty darty and I feel like this is what is going on with it as well. They keep telling me nothing is wrong

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!