Talon and Pioneer Tuning

J

JTW

Pretty sure the new PCV/Autotune does not come with the stock O2 dummy plug and you are suppose to use the stock O2 along with the Autotune O2 requiring you to get a clamp on or weld on O2 bung. I think @JTW and @Ragnar406 was sourcing a plug.
That’s true.. I found one for an Africa twin out of England and @Hondasxs is looking into making them for us.

Z

Zmorris83

If the voltage from the clutch pressure sensors are too low or high it will lock it in 2nd gear. I do not know what the threshold is. I shimmed my regulator spring and picked up about 10psi, basically getting me back to stock from what the clutch cover update took away. 110psi idle and 130 psi rev'ed up. The PC (Pressure Control) valve that @joeymt33 posted controls the pressure everywhere. It eases take off, eases shifts and cuts flow when disengaging. I've modded just about everything in mine mechanically but need in the computer now.
Based on this and what joeymt33 said, it is, in fact a PWM solenoid.

When you say "lock into second" do you mean limp mode/code set or is that a physical limitations that overcomes something mechanical in the control system?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Based on this and what joeymt33 said, it is, in fact a PWM solenoid.

When you say "lock into second" do you mean limp mode/code set or is that a physical limitations that overcomes something mechanical in the control system?
Limp mode.

Reactions: Zmorris83 and JTW
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Bring this subject to the top again.

Any idea where your going to go with doing tuning for the Honda's?

What I would like for my P5 would be all stock or improved Talon tuning engine and shift points in sport mode, and stock Pioneer in regular mode

I don't ask for much LOL

DFABane

DFABane

Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
What amount of interest would you guys have for custom ECMs/tuning and/or turbo kits for the Talon and Pioneer? I have both machines and all the necessary equipment to achieve the goal. (We build 600 to 4000hp turbo cars/trucks and have a profession tuning business with top tier equipment.) My personal Talon will definitely be turboed in the very near future and both machines will receive custom tuning.

Also, does anyone have contact info for becoming a site sponsor?

I'm new to this... I thought gearing was an issue on these machines... I mean... Im intrested....

Z

Zmorris83

Bring this subject to the top again.

Any idea where your going to go with doing tuning for the Honda's?

What I would like for my P5 would be all stock or improved Talon tuning engine and shift points in sport mode, and stock Pioneer in regular mode

I don't ask for much LOL
That would be very easy to do.

Z

Zmorris83

Thats the shift solenoid, it can be adjusted. I took it out and screwed in the adjustment enough to make the shift a little bit firmer and quicker but it still not perfect. There’s only so much you can do because if you go to far the clutch will not disengage.

View attachment 138616
Do you have a good solid starting point on that adjustment? Number of turns from stock? Or is this a situation where I'll have to use my line pressure gauge and set it to an idle pressure?

Z

Zmorris83

If the voltage from the clutch pressure sensors are too low or high it will lock it in 2nd gear. I do not know what the threshold is. I shimmed my regulator spring and picked up about 10psi, basically getting me back to stock from what the clutch cover update took away. 110psi idle and 130 psi rev'ed up. The PC (Pressure Control) valve that @joeymt33 posted controls the pressure everywhere. It eases take off, eases shifts and cuts flow when disengaging. I've modded just about everything in mine mechanically but need in the computer now.
What regulator did you shim?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Do you have a good solid starting point on that adjustment? Number of turns from stock? Or is this a situation where I'll have to use my line pressure gauge and set it to an idle pressure?

.025 depth from face of screw to the end of the housing. You can see the calipers in the pic as I used the end to measure the depth. I went to .050 which is as far as I will go. It will kill the motor sometimes under extreme use.

Maybe not all solenoids are the same but try that.

W

Woodchuckjr

May 17, 2020
Rockford IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What regulator did you shim?
What amount of interest would you guys have for custom ECMs/tuning and/or turbo kits for the Talon and Pioneer? I have both machines and all the necessary equipment to achieve the goal. (We build 600 to 4000hp turbo cars/trucks and have a profession tuning business with top tier equipment.) My personal Talon will definitely be turboed in the very near future and both machines will receive custom tuning.

Also, does anyone have contact info for becoming a site sponsor?

Did you ever do anything with the Honda pioneer as in getting more hp out of it? I love my pioneer 5 seater and having a family of 5 have slim choices on what machine I can buy so I’m looking to build a pioneer. I’m either going to have someone build me a turbo kit for a pioneer or engine swap a pioneer with a talon the turbo it. Let me know if you have done anything hp wise with the pioneer. Thanks Andy

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you ever do anything with the Honda pioneer as in getting more hp out of it? I love my pioneer 5 seater and having a family of 5 have slim choices on what machine I can buy so I’m looking to build a pioneer. I’m either going to have someone build me a turbo kit for a pioneer or engine swap a pioneer with a talon the turbo it. Let me know if you have done anything hp wise with the pioneer. Thanks Andy

Yeah they got a lot out of the Pioneer with PV3 tunes and/or top end work but he got banned from here. Check Zachary Morris or Jordan Morris on FB. Complete Off-road Powersport’s out of Texas. PM me if you need more info. I have their tune and am very satisfied with it.

B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been talking to Zachary Morris about a tune for our KRX. Why was he banned from here?

Reactions: CID
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I've been talking to Zachary Morris about a tune for our KRX. Why was he banned from here?
I believe he deleted his account. He was basically fighting with anyone that questioned him. I do know he got banned from most of the FB pages. Cussing people, threatening them, etc... I saw one post where his customer had a problem after a tune and he went off on them, is was pretty crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: TripleB and CID
B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Damnit. What is it with these tuners? I've seen this attitude in boat motor builders, race cars, engine builders etc. They usually do their best to cut on the other builder and get butt hurt if a client ask questions. Need to just dive in to it and do it myself. Bunch of drama queens

Reactions: TripleB
J

JTW

Damnit. What is it with these tuners? I've seen this attitude in boat motor builders, race cars, engine builders etc. They usually do their best to cut on the other builder and get butt hurt if a client ask questions. Need to just dive in to it and do it myself. Bunch of drama queens
Need some more of this story...

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Tonight on the krx fb forum lol

E9D0E476 F061 4D6E B7C8 D6071EC1FC89

89032DFF A081 4CF9 85EA 62EE1B9E0AAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!