Talon and Pioneer Tuning

Z

Zmorris83

What amount of interest would you guys have for custom ECMs/tuning and/or turbo kits for the Talon and Pioneer? I have both machines and all the necessary equipment to achieve the goal. (We build 600 to 4000hp turbo cars/trucks and have a profession tuning business with top tier equipment.) My personal Talon will definitely be turboed in the very near future and both machines will receive custom tuning.

Also, does anyone have contact info for becoming a site sponsor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can become a sponsor by purchasing the vendor upgrade in your user account.
Easier way is to PM(conversation) our leader @Hondasxs.
He is currently away on vacation, but will be back after the 4th. You may be lucky to catch him during his down time on vacation though.

H

HondaTech

My GM turned me on to the Power Commander that can flash through the diagnostic port. Hes thinking about ways to pick up power after the woods race he went to this last weekend. He came out in 2nd behind a X3 turbo. There was a big uphill he said that kept pulling him down or he would've had it.

Bones stock other than Honda protection accessories (a-arm and trailing arm guards and side skids)

Last edited:
Z

Zmorris83

My GM turned me on to the Power Commander that can flash through the diagnostic port. Hes thinking about ways to pick up power after the woods race he went to this last weekend. He came out in 2nd behind a X3 turbo. There was a big uphill he said that kept pulling him down or he would've had it.

Bones stock other than Honda protection accessories (a-arm and trailing arm guards and side skids)

I've already spent 19k on the equipment I have to do SXSs or I'd check that out. I'm about 40k deep into multiple hardware and software setups. I think I'll literally puke if I ever have to buy more.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I sure like the power commander on the P1000. @joeymt33 and @snuffnwhisky did a good fuel map. Between that and the exhaust she does make some more pull. I’m sure it would be big difference in the Talon

strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got a K&N air filter, the power commander 5 and auto tune. Probably stupid question, but doesn't the auto tune, constantly tune my maps? Or would I benefit from a custom tune like your sayin? Also CP what exhaust did you go with?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've got a K&N air filter, the power commander 5 and auto tune. Probably stupid question, but doesn't the auto tune, constantly tune my maps? Or would I benefit from a custom tune like your sayin? Also CP what exhaust did you go with?
It adjusts it to a degree. I didn’t do auto tune just borrowed a map.
Went with hmf titan quiet. Got a nice burble without being too loud. Originally did exhaust so my winch setup tucked in nicely underneath but very glad we did.

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got on the website to price it out and I don't want to weld another O2 bung on a new exhaust, I wish they'd offer a couple sizes. The Autotune uses a larger bung. I wonder if I contacted them directly..

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
strongbuilt

strongbuilt

Sep 7, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Or just get another bung and weld the thing while its off. Not hard to do.

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What amount of interest would you guys have for custom ECMs/tuning and/or turbo kits for the Talon and Pioneer? I have both machines and all the necessary equipment to achieve the goal. (We build 600 to 4000hp turbo cars/trucks and have a profession tuning business with top tier equipment.) My personal Talon will definitely be turboed in the very near future and both machines will receive custom tuning.

Figure out the trans tuning and see how much torque management is in the pioneer and remove/reduce.

For us running internal gear reductions it would be nice to get the shifts back right.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!