Talon cab heat?

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Is the DEI heat kit worth the money? Would you recommend something else?
The DEI kit has been a positive addition to helping with the heat and dust. As @CID mentioned nothing is a fix all by itself. I would do this kit again but I think the DEI kit with @trigger under the seat kit would be a good setup. From there add the jeep boot and I think that would be really good without going crazy. I do have my openings under the seat sealed with Flex seal tape too....

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Everything helps 'some', add them all together and you've made progress. The entire passenger 'bucket' gets heat from somewhere (doors excepted), radiator in front, engine in back. The DEI shunts heat transfer down the tunnel and forces much of it out the front wheel wells, and it will help with the HOT air coming up through the shifter gate.

As a new kid, I thought door lowers were mandatory and didn't understand why there were holes in my doors. But after a few months I realized that, for my fair weather riding, door lowers aren't something I'll install ever again. Rokblokz do a good enough job of keeping crap from the front tires out of the door openings.

TerryH did a video on the DEI install -

He also did one on the Jeep shift boot mod that also blocks heat from the shift gate -

Last edited:
K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X
If you want to truly eliminate the heat, move the radiator to the rear bed. That also eliminates the heat in the tunnel that cooks your beer, since you won’t have any hot water lines there anymore. This not only eliminates all of the heat, it puts more of the weight to the rear of the car, and makes it handle better. I also installed 2- 4” marine bilge fans where the stock radiator was, and piped them to the foot wells on each side.

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have the DEI installed and sorry to say I feel no difference at all !! The panel behind the passenger seat made no difference either. The front panel does not fit tight enuf inside and the air just goes around it and down the tunnel. It might do some good but nothing I can feel that makes any difference. There is just so many different angles and cracks it would impossible to seal off unless a guy just took the whole front end off and put some of the heat shield material in there and fit it piece by piece.

I crammed rags in the openings around the front firewall and that helped but once the thing got heat soak after some moving time nothing helped.

Reactions: Smittyp
F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
If you want to truly eliminate the heat, move the radiator to the rear bed. That also eliminates the heat in the tunnel that cooks your beer, since you won’t have any hot water lines there anymore. This not only eliminates all of the heat, it puts more of the weight to the rear of the car, and makes it handle better. I also installed 2- 4” marine bilge fans where the stock radiator was, and piped them to the foot wells on each side.
PM sent

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Assuming it comes with material to go behind both seats? Getting ready to order, just want to make sure of what I’m getting.

Yes. Here's some pics of @aprils_fool Talon.

Talon Shield 3Talon Shield 4

K

KenThompson

Aug 25, 2019
Mulino
Ownership

1. Talon X

9B0E12D3 A705 4760 8A13 09596B17F601 36402FB5 2E9A 4485 89D9 1EA3B6ACE3A2

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!