highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Currently working on the cargo bed packout rack cad files in order to have another more fine tuned version made this week. I'm incorporating tighter dimensions to prevent the packout box from moving without making connecting any more difficult. Center support addition on the front and extending the sides and rear down to the bed plastic will prevent any sagging when loaded. The first version was really close to what I wanted.

The delay with this item has only been busy keeping up with intake tube fabrication to meet orders!!! These things took off way better than I ever expected.

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This is what I've sent to my local shop to cut and bend a test model. May have this in my hands by next week.
Talon Cargo Bed Packout REV C Model

I spent a lot of time on the side skirts for strength but wasn't quite sure how I wanted to do it until yesterday. Since the Talon logo dash panels were popular I thought I'd throw that on the rear facing skirt. This will bolt down with 4 new, longer bed plastic bolts. I think I'll have these powder coated silver to go against the grain of black that everyone else does. I'm very happy with this cad model so I think the real thing will look great.

A friend of mine just bought 2 steel racks for his RZRs. They weighed in at 15 lb, 11 oz. This 0.125" aluminum design may weight a little more than my first design which was 3 lb, 3 oz. That's a considerable difference!

Reactions: CID and stellarpod
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I'm also contemplating a single cooler size design that will fit on one side of the cargo bed area. I have sketches started but that will come after I get the full size mount finsihed for production. These Milwaukee coolers hold ice well and are just so handy with the lock in design. No straps needed.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm also contemplating a single cooler size design that will fit on one side of the cargo bed area. I have sketches started but that will come after I get the full size mount finsihed for production. These Milwaukee coolers hold ice well and are just so handy with the lock in design. No straps needed.
Have you seen the new double width cooler design?

Reactions: Smitty335
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Playing around with Fusion 360 and generated a rendering to share what's coming down the pike.

Talon Cargo Bed Packout REV C v3 render

These will be 0.125" aluminum, powder coated silver once finished. Completely CNC laser cut and CNC bent from my cad file. After I verify the fit with the first one made, I'll have more made to sell. This first one may fit perfectly but it will take a few weeks to have the shop make more. Proud to say these are designed and fabricated in Louisiana.

These mounts are ultralight and tough. We rode 2 days in Texas with the first two mounts I designed and had no problems. This mount is an iteration of the first design with the extended skirts front and rear to add vertical support at or near the center of the wide span, wider attachment points, and of course the talon logo purely for sexiness! These will bolt to the frame through the existing four outside cargo area bolts with new, longer flange bolts. A 1/4" extension will fit through the bolt access holes you see in the top of the mount.

This mount will hold 10" and 20" wide Packout boxes. The huge 22" wide XL Packout box will fit to the left or right side but you can't fit another 10" wide box on the side of it. The main reason I did not design this wider is that I have a Tusk cargo bed enclosure tailgate thing and after taking several measurements, I could not get the extra 1" width needed for 22" wide boxes. A lot of people have these tailgates so I figured I'd just limit my design to the smaller boxes and keep my tailgate.

Obviously other companies make these packout mounts. The main difference is that I use aluminum for considerable weight saving and corrosion resistance. I'm very happy with this design and I hope others will be also. Seeing my ideas come to life is personally very satisfying.

As of now these will sell for $200 plus shipping. I still have to figure the shipping package size and get some estimated costs to the east and west coast. As you can imagine, aluminum is not cheap, but steel isn't too far behind now. A steel design for RZR by another company sells for $189 so I'm not far off the mark.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Update:
Received the first new design packout rack yesterday. It fits great, looks sharp and is super light! The shop and I have to figure out one bend correction then we should be good to go on these. Finished version will be powder coated silver as previously mentioned to stand out more in the crowd.

IMG 9810

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
So, have you considered something similar for the P500?
I have been playing with the idea of hand cutting the holes in steel and welding the plate to the rack.
But if someone (hint hint) offered one for sale I could probably cough up the cash a whole lot faster than actually getting off my ass and making something.
Yea, hand cutting more than a few of those holes doesn't look fun.
You could leave off the Talon logo (although, if you could size it to fit in the p520 bed or bolt to the P500 carrier you could run different logos on the ends and turn it based on application).

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
So, have you considered something similar for the P500?
I have been playing with the idea of hand cutting the holes in steel and welding the plate to the rack.
But if someone (hint hint) offered one for sale I could probably cough up the cash a whole lot faster than actually getting off my ass and making something.
Yea, hand cutting more than a few of those holes doesn't look fun.
You could leave off the Talon logo (although, if you could size it to fit in the p520 bed or bolt to the P500 carrier you could run different logos on the ends and turn it based on application).
This would have to mount to the P500 OEM rear cargo rack or the P520 cargo bed.
I'm working with limited time and resources so I have to pick my projects. I doubt I'd be able to tackle this project any time soon.

Reactions: Smitty335 and lee
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Update:
Received the first new design packout rack yesterday. It fits great, looks sharp and is super light! The shop and I have to figure out one bend correction then we should be good to go on these. Finished version will be powder coated silver as previously mentioned to stand out more in the crowd.

View attachment 336939
Going to powder coat this week. Mount weighs 3 lb 8 oz unpainted.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!