highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
The driver side finally is designed to something I like! In the next few days I'll 3d print one to make sure everything is good. The fab shop already gave me a quote for the current design. I had to make some design concessions in order to keep the cad model and fabrication simple and cheaper. My plan is to sell all of these covers as a 3 piece kit.

Driver door side shown below will fasten with 1 existing plastic rivet and require 1 new drilled hole and plastic rivet. I'll probably have some ready to ship in a couple weeks.

Firewall cover driver outside

Reactions: Smittyp and 906UP
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Driver seat door side firewall covers are available for 3D print download. Aluminum version will be available early March.

IMG 1023

Reactions: 906UP and Smittyp
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Picking up a batch of driver seat door side covers today. I'll revise the website to bundle at 3 together from now on.

To the customers that already purchased the passenger side covers, I'll make a deal for you to get the driver side cover.

Reactions: Smittyp and 906UP
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Picking up a batch of driver seat door side covers today. I'll revise the website to bundle at 3 together from now on.

To the customers that already purchased the passenger side covers, I'll make a deal for you to get the driver side cover.
Awesome! I'll send you a PM for the details

Reactions: Smittyp
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Your dirty and my dirty are very different beasts... LOL!

I keep meaning to grab the .stl's and print a few of these. Appreciate you making that an option!
Yep. More people have these printers now and they have fun making parts. So I figured since I have the models and have to print prototypes myself, I'll upload them for cheap.

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X

This project just kinda developed quickly over the past week. I had my front seat out and decided to do something about the gaping holes under the passenger seat rear area that Honda left open for everyone to enjoy engine heat, mud, and water. My wife has always complained about the heat from under her seat!

These covers were kept super simple. The covers were printed to test the fit and fabrication method of aluminum versions. After I got these printed I decided that some of the other printer owners might want to make some parts for their Talons. So now these .STL download files are available on the website store for $2.

The aluminum versions of these will be available mid to late February 2023.

View attachment 372895
View attachment 372897
View attachment 372898
I have printed the Trumpet Covers you created and they work great. Just remember to remove them before installing the air box cover!!
Thanks for publishing the passenger heat deflectors. I'll give it a try!!! Out of curiosity, why do you recommend ASA?? I've only used PLA and haven't looked into any other filament. I'll do it if I need to. Just looking to learn from your expertise. Thanks!!!!

BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
I bought the 3-D file a while back but just now providing feedback. After using them on 2 Talons during the AZ summer, you have been awarded 4 Thumbs up!!!! As always, GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. Still hoping you would look into a center armrest that mounts in the center cup holder(s). 😁

Reactions: highpocket74
BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have printed the Trumpet Covers you created and they work great. Just remember to remove them before installing the air box cover!!
Thanks for publishing the passenger heat deflectors. I'll give it a try!!! Out of curiosity, why do you recommend ASA?? I've only used PLA and haven't looked into any other filament. I'll do it if I need to. Just looking to learn from your expertise. Thanks!!!!
I learned why you recommend ASA and not PLA..... The heat warped my first ones. Made out of PETG and they seem much more heat resistant.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I learned why you recommend ASA and not PLA..... The heat warped my first ones. Made out of PETG and they seem much more heat resistant.
PLA is super easy to print but almost useless for real objects that will get used. My buddy who prints things for me and I never even use it. I printed a sunglasses clip for my car in PLA that didn't last one day. Printed a new one out of ASA and it's survived for over a year even during our ridiculously hot summer this year.

Reactions: BobFarrell
BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
PLA is super easy to print but almost useless for real objects that will get used. My buddy who prints things for me and I never even use it. I printed a sunglasses clip for my car in PLA that didn't last one day. Printed a new one out of ASA and it's survived for over a year even during our ridiculously hot summer this year.
Yep. I jumped to PETG. Its a challenge getting everything setup as its a lot more finicky than PLA but 1000 times better!!!

Reactions: highpocket74
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!