highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
My co-worker/riding buddy/friend and I have been brainstorming some winter projects to work on this last week. As posted here in a separate thread, I'll be working on some kind of under hood storage box with a sealed lid.

My buddy will be working on some kind of removable plugs for the floor drains to prevent mud/water splashes from coming INTO the Talon. A requested solution to this problem has come up in several threads on this forum. I'm sure others outside this forum are equally interested.

We've had whiteboard discussions about the floor drains a few times which has led to several ideas. Now we only have to make it happen!

Both of these project may or may not be successful, but we will give it a try.

Sample of scans to help our cad efforts.
Floor drain scan00

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
We have the covers figured out. Probably will offer black and red at this time. The red test units looked great in my red Talon! The color is not a perfect match but very close. Since these will not be close to any other red I think they will be fine.

My partner is printing this weekend to have some ready to sell next week. Will be selling as a set of 4 with push rivets for the door side covers, which will require 2 new holes to be drilled. Pricing will be $25 per set of 4 with shipping. I'll post the link once we have the listing all set up to go.

This item will be a partnership with my riding buddy/coworker. I'd like to bring bright people that I know on board in some kind of way to share in the fun of designing and making parts for a little side hustle income. We will sell these through my website, to be fulfilled and shipped by my partner.

IMG 1436
IMG 1437

Reactions: 906UP
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Rolling these floor drain covers out today on the website store. Very limited supply as we ramp up on the printing.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
This photo was taken during testing on our March 2023 Wolfpen Gap trip. This was after a full day of riding in the rain. Notice there are none of the usual splash streaks up the console side. I do not have a full windshield or lower doors so splashing mud and rain were coming in from all sides. We were trucking down the trails too!!

IMG 1125