highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Here is the noise solution for those who may be interested. Much better fit to the air filter than the one I bought off eBay.

I need a powder coat quote to set a price.

I’m not expecting to sell a bunch of these but am considering a small stocking order.

IMG 1648

IMG 1649

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Leesville, South Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just walked out of the dealership checking on my fathers talon and got to looking. Does the factory plastics go back over and cover up the intake tube? Like factory?in the fender well. His hopefully should be on the next shipment

Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I just walked out of the dealership checking on my fathers talon and got to looking. Does the factory plastics go back over and cover up the intake tube? Like factory?in the fender well. His hopefully should be on the next shipment
Yes sir. The inner fender goes right back in place without problems. Removing that inner fender is the worst part of installation. There are so many plastic rivets holding that in place!

This created a delima I had to get over too. Why paint the whole tube that will not be seen after installation? The powder coat will ultimately protect the aluminum for a long time, but the main reason was that I didn't want the part to look unfinished! A half painted part would look stupid!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
This created a delima I had to get over too. Why paint the whole tube that will not be seen after installation? The powder coat will ultimately protect the aluminum for a long time, but the main reason was that I didn't want the part to look unfinished! A half painted part would look stupid!
I'm sure that is one of multiple reasons why the folks around these parts have nothing but good things to say about you and your products, @highpocket74.

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
Mine arrived this morning. Hope to Have it installed sometime in the next few days. Keep me posted on your Muffling device, I'd be interested in getting one in navy. Thanks

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Took a little time today to put all my Talon Intake System Components on their own webpage, linked from the home page.

This way people can see the kit and all the individual components on one page. Maybe this will help navigation.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
It's no secret now since I've already made shipments so I'm letting y'all know that a couple of shops are now carying my intake kits. They are Hess Motorsports in Texas and Northstate Powersports in Chico, CA (which is a Honda dealer).

I'm excited about both businesses carrying my intake kit. Hess had been recommending my intake kit to their engine customers for a while before asking to carry them in store. To me that is a huge validation that my intake is a worthy improvement over the stock Honda setup. Hess builds engines! For them to say this is a good product is a serious endorsement.

The mechanics at Northstate Powersports found my kit online and recommended it to the parts guys there. They ordered one kit to be installed on a brand new customer Talon a few months ago. Only recently did they contact me about carrying the intake kits in store and offering these as a dealer installed accessory! This is great, although I'm a little nervous about what Honda will do when they see it. Northstate said the customer with the first kit was happy and the mechanics reported the installation was easy.

I'm hoping these are good things for me!

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
It's no secret now since I've already made shipments so I'm letting y'all know that a couple of shops are now carying my intake kits. They are Hess Motorsports in Texas and Northstate Powersports in Chico, CA (which is a Honda dealer).

I'm excited about both businesses carrying my intake kit. Hess had been recommending my intake kit to their engine customers for a while before asking to carry them in store. To me that is a huge validation that my intake is a worthy improvement over the stock Honda setup. Hess builds engines! For them to say this is a good product is a serious endorsement.

The mechanics at Northstate Powersports found my kit online and recommended it to the parts guys there. They ordered one kit to be installed on a brand new customer Talon a few months ago. Only recently did they contact me about carrying the intake kits in store and offering these as a dealer installed accessory! This is great, although I'm a little nervous about what Honda will do when they see it. Northstate said the customer with the first kit was happy and the mechanics reported the installation was easy.

That is cool as hell, Highpocket!! Congrats!!

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV

Great news! Keep it up!

Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Last October I filed the provisional patent for my intake tube. Today I moved forward with the full blown patent process. I didn't really want to spend the money on something that's fairly simple but I'll never know how this ends until I file. And since I do have a Honda dealer with these in house now, I figure I'd better get the patent going before Honda does. To me this is no earth shattering part, but neither are other things we buy! I'll keep you guys posted during the 2-3 month process. If anything I'll have a cool patent certificate to hang on the wall and add to my resume.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Year to date numbers:
Intake kits shipped: 488
Intake tubes only shipped: 93
That's a total of 581 intake tubes built, all by me, all on one fixture!!!

As of last night I've sold out of tubes again. Holidays will affect vendor schedules so I'm planning on having more tubes about the second week in January. I don't want to spend all my time off next week welding tubes! One hundred more tubes were delivered Monday and I currently have a good inventory of prefilters and filter covers with more on order already.

Thanks to all the customers here. You all were a big part of the successful year. Looking forward to exciting new things next year and maybe getting more riding in!

968D75F5 E68D 4452 82A1 90E02B11A848 580 000003997E93B919

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Can't say enough about the design, fit, and finish of your pre-filter kit, as well as the other products I purchased from you this past year.

Now enjoy some time off with the family! Merry CHRISTmas and Happy New Year!

Last edited:
BobFarrell

BobFarrell

Lifetime Member
Mar 17, 2022
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X
Year to date numbers:
Intake kits shipped: 488
Intake tubes only shipped: 93
That's a total of 581 intake tubes built, all by me, all on one fixture!!!

As of last night I've sold out of tubes again. Holidays will affect vendor schedules so I'm planning on having more tubes about the second week in January. I don't want to spend all my time off next week welding tubes! One hundred more tubes were delivered Monday and I currently have a good inventory of prefilters and filter covers with more on order already.

Thanks to all the customers here. You all were a big part of the successful year. Looking forward to exciting new things next year and maybe getting more riding in! have a great product, it's

Can't say enough about the design, fit, and finish of your pre-filter kit, as well as the other products I purchased from you this past year.

Now enjoy some time off with the family! Merry CHRISTmas and Happy New Year!
You have a great product and your sales support that. Have a Fantastic Christmas and keep inventing stuff!!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!