Talon Lift Kit Geometry Change

Sledder

Sledder

May 8, 2022
Washington Stat
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
I made these for ground clearance, our last 6 rides have been in the snow and now it's sled time.

I had over 16 inches of ground clearance but got to wondering if it would fit in the trailer and it was and inch too tall. Ended up taking some spring tension out and added a bracket to bend the rear of the roof down.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I made these for ground clearance, our last 6 rides have been in the snow and now it's sled time.

I had over 16 inches of ground clearance but got to wondering if it would fit in the trailer and it was and inch too tall. Ended up taking some spring tension out and added a bracket to bend the rear of the roof down.
View attachment 366055View attachment 366056View attachment 366057
Do u have a better pic of that roof bracket? I might need one of them if u sell them?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

Here's how to get 2-1/4" lower at the rear peak of the roof. You'll have to view it on youtube, embed is disabled. Might help @Remington too.

Sledder

Sledder

May 8, 2022
Washington Stat
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Here's how to get 2-1/4" lower at the rear peak of the roof. You'll have to view it on youtube, embed is disabled. Might help @Remington too.

OMG, that is what I'm going to do tomorrow I was going to modify that thing but cutting it off will be a lot easier.
Do I have to wear a black wife beater, bib overalls and a straw hat when I do it?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Do what the guy did in the video CID posted, if you don't have an oscillating saw you can cut it off with some tin snips and sand the rest off,
Thanks for the tip, ill check it out

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

Care to tell us how you decided to go with shock risers vs tightening your preload to get your lift? 🤔

Sledder

Sledder

May 8, 2022
Washington Stat
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Care to tell us how you decided to go with shock risers vs tightening your preload to get your lift? 🤔
The rear suspension seems over sprung, I don't think I've ever bottomed it out and I ruined the rear skid plate and bent the two square frame members that the right motor mount is bolted to. I found if I take spring out and leave the spare tire and the box in the back I can go over sand whoops at full throttle. The problem was my ground clearance was down to 11".

My Talon has FLV so I figured I'd leave the shocks alone and just raise the mount. When I installed the winch up front I lost and inch of clearance so I made the front risers. The rear risers have two positions, and the highest is 3.25" of rise.

I also found because the suspension won't compress enough with the shocks lower mounts disconnected I can't get the shocks in the new riser holes. I ended up compressing the springs, to do this I simply put a ratchet strap over the shock to hold the spring while I jack the car up.

This all took a fair amount of time because I had to let the car down and drive it a few feet so the FLV shocks would release.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!