• Thread starter Old_fart_with_2020_Talon
  • Start date
O

Old_fart_with_2020_Talon

Apr 16, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Anybody tried using any noise reduction products on the plastic behind and under the seats?

I have a bunch of this stuff (soundskins brand absorbent mat) left over from a car project (worked well) and was wondering if it might make the Talon nicer as well.

soundskins-pro-door-kit

O

Old_fart_with_2020_Talon

Apr 16, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I added some to mine, it helps with noise and heat but does not cure it. Mobile one 4T in the engine and gear box helped mine get quieter for sure. Here is the thread with the pictures of the stuff I used. Hot cockpit on Talon1000r - The Honda Side by Side Club!

Great stuff! I think I am going to try - your basic design pictured on the linked thread but; material extended up a bit higher behind the seats - material added to the back side of the removable cover between the seats - air gaps under the seats left uncovered initially just in case there is some air pulled through there while moving.

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I did the same thing you are talking about. I insulated the underside of the console including the cup holders and all I could under the seat including covering up as many of the holes as I could. I did leave a couple so it would drain when wet.

O

Old_fart_with_2020_Talon

Apr 16, 2020
USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I did the same thing you are talking about. I insulated the underside of the console including the cup holders and all I could under the seat including covering up as many of the holes as I could. I did leave a couple so it would drain when wet.

So far. Sort of like you said in a previous post, a little better with heat and noise but not a big deal.

IMG 20200424 134229999 copy
IMG 20200424 110446197 copy
IMG 20200424 124314034 copy

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!