Free noise reduction mod

S

sledgehammer

Jan 12, 2024
nevada
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I've read a lot of people would like their talon quieter. I was trying to make mine quieter for the kids in back that complained. Tried dynamat behind seats, put foam around rear plastic trim and holes that could be closed off were. But the best mod was to re-orient the tip. I cut it off and rotated it about 60 degrees to point to rear and welded it back on. I dont have data on sound reduction but its night and day. .02

Talon exh tip1 Talon exh tip2

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice mod and good Idea!

Welcome from Michigan Go Lions!
We appreciate your contribution on a first post. Please start an Into thread and tell us about yourself and your rig. Also post up full pics of your rig. Please and Thank you

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. :cool:

Check out this thread for some basic Talon tidbits -

This one has a lot of info also -

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Nice mod! Welcome from Michigan, where real football fans root for the Green Bay Packers! GO PACK GO! LOL.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!