BOX1

What did you do to/with your Talon today?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Copying ehart814's Pioneer 500 thread and DG Rider's Pioneer 700 thread - if you did something to (or with) your Talon and don't want to start a new thread for one or two posts, here's the place. Ideas, mods, best photos, stucks, recoveries 😳 - whutcha got?

Cigarette lighter accessories are the go-to for plug in electrics, we've all used them for most of our lives but they suck in a rougher environment, they keep unplugging themselves. When I was (much) younger, I'd cut the ends off and replace with a 1/8" phono plug, more secure and less bulky. There were three reasons I quit - 1. I got tired of it because I was always adding to my plug-in accessories. 2. A converted accessory wouldn't work in someone else's vehicle. 3. My first GPS had the step down circuitry from 12v to 5v in the plug, you couldn't cut it off.

The Talon's cig plug is key controlled, every time I stop, the GPS shuts off so I needed an always hot cig plug. When I got the replacement socket, it was so loose that the small spring in the end of plug would push it out, losing contact almost immediately. :( (no matter how I rotated the plug, there was no secure position)

This is what I came up with and although it looks like a 7 year old made it, 🤫 it works pretty well and I can plug/unplug it with one hand. It's far enough forward that it's water protected by the dash but not so far under that it's hard to reach. It's almost a foot in front of the passenger's knee (which I'll rarely have) so shouldn't be (too) dangerous. The circuit is controlled by a toggle switch so I can shut it off if necessary, like when washing.

Studs clamped for welding -
I grPpjvP L

I 99LPrFz L

I r2npJxF L

I'll probably have to make more of these depending on each cig plug, but it's just for the GPS for now. I always round my corners - 1. I won't gouge myself on them later. 2. It looks much better and only takes a minute on the bench grinder.
i-WV2q9M9-S.jpg

Another non Talon project -
I hPQ62Np L

Nylock nuts hold their position and are infinitely adjustable (and why the studs are a bit long).
I vLLVQxR L

I NVzgZXF L

Last edited:
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
lower the camera 3”. 😂

cant see a thing
True, retiring motorcycle rider, first test ride with the helmet cam. It needs to be tried on the side of my helmet next but the mounts are discontinued so I'm not sure what I'll do about that. 🤔

The mounts I have are for mounting 'on top', I don't have any for 'side' mounting. :confused:
I bLXsBQt M

Last edited:
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
True, retiring motorcycle rider, first test ride with the helmet cam. It needs to be tried on the side of my helmet next but the mounts are discontinued so I'm not sure what I'll do about that. 🤔

The mounts I have are for mounting 'on top', I don't have any for 'side' mounting. :confused:
View attachment 212224
Dash mount?

Reactions: Mopower58
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Dash mount?
Although I don't do much video, varying camera mount locations are in my future, they add interest - F/R suspension views, rear view, dash, front bumper, maybe over my shoulder, etc.

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I rode Thursday and figured out Youtube today. :)

LMAO at approx 7:30 and 08:00 when seemingly a puddle caught your attention and you channeled your inner 8 year old self! Then the slow mo for the hat trick. 🤣 I've done the same thing and while that split windshield keeps the tidal wave from washing your face, wetting your pants is almost inevitable. I didn't do a damn thing with my Talon today because it's 113° out right now and it might melt.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
LMAO at approx 7:30 and 08:00 when seemingly a puddle caught your attention and you channeled your inner 8 year old self! Then the slow mo for the hat trick. 🤣 I've done the same thing and while that split windshield keeps the tidal wave from washing your face, wetting your pants is almost inevitable. I didn't do a damn thing with my Talon today because it's 113° out right now and it might melt.
Gotta let the inner kid out once inna while and it was hot here too, so it felt good. :p

113* Lordy :oops: Or Satan-y? 🤔 You'll ketchup November thru March when I'm shiverin' 'n shovelin'. :(

Last edited:
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I started tear the #T1Kx apart again after I finished grading the yard/driveway. Working on electrical layout #4, just when I think I'm done I decide I want something different. 🤔

Last edited:
J

jaymohn

Aug 9, 2019
Cincinnati
Ownership

1. Talon X
Not today, but this past weekend. 22 minutes into my first (non-backyard/neighborhood ride). Bad weekend for tires, did a real number on a rear one later that night, total loss (torn sidewall)View attachment 212617
That sucks but at least they were the stock tires. I just upgraded to some 30" ITP Blackwaters and punchured a sidewide after 20 miles. $150 out the window!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Better camera angle (for the critics 😍 (who were obviously right)). I hate how much youtube compresses video files, you can't even see the road texture which is really, really important to many viewers (anyone who drives). The upper left corner is supposed to be a track log but it's almost impossible to see. :( Much of this is filmed in a burn area, all the new growth is aspen which will turn a brilliant yellow this fall, it'll be like driving through a forest fire. :eek: I need to work on my right thumb discipline, seems I have the left figured out. 🤔

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Better camera angle (for the critics 😍 (who were obviously right)). I hate how much youtube compresses video files, you can't even see the road texture which is really, really important to many viewers (anyone who drives). The upper left corner is supposed to be a track log but it's almost impossible to see. :( Much of this is filmed in a burn area, all the new growth is aspen which will turn a brilliant yellow this fall, it'll be like driving through a forest fire. :eek: I need to work on my right thumb discipline, seems I have the left figured out. 🤔
I hate the burn outs but it often gives a jump to aspens. In such fashion we watch the eternal tug of war in nature. Now it will be the aspens turn for a period. But you’re right, it will be a brilliant show this fall....😍👍

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R

That point of view is as close to having me along for the ride as it gets since we have the same windshield/set-up. I can almost feel the cooler air pushing at my hair face and smell the pines. Good to see how nice the Talon fits your needs. 👍

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: CID and Montecresto
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I checked my battery terminals again last night and they weren't all that tight. This is the second time I've found them looser than I think they should be and I just got it in early February. Don't forget these are only 6mm bolts so don't break 'em.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!