BOX1

What did you do to/with your Talon today?

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
Tires and wheels.
5AC389BD 3A15 47F2 908B 71BD5D6984E3
4EDB966E D713 4C6B B173 B5C51F6B2135

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I really hate what youtube does to video quality. :( There's a standard and high def button but both show uploaded and I don't know how to pick high def. 🤔

There won't be many of these if I can't figure it out because this isn't acceptable IMO.

Reactions: Lil_Steve
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I really hate what youtube does to video quality. :( There's a standard and high def button but both show uploaded and I don't know how to pick high def. 🤔

There won't be many of these if I can't figure it out because this isn't acceptable IMO.

When viewing the video, click the gear on the lower right corner and you can choose the playback quality. In this case 720p is the highest quality choice.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
When viewing the video, click the gear on the lower right corner and you can choose the playback quality. In this case 720p is the highest quality choice.
YAY, Thank You, Mr. Steve. I was about to abandon youtube, I was watching in 240. :oops: I record in 720 so that's where that limit is coming from, good enough for the 24" puter monitor I use. I should probably rethink that, someday I'll want to watch 'em on the TV and 720 will suck then.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
The Colorado High Country - steepest and loosest starts at 8:28 but video makes it look flat. :(

Reactions: Moab_Marty
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
The Colorado High Country - steepest and loosest starts at 8:28 but video makes it look flat. :(

I’m guessing those are old mining roads?
Looks like it would be much smoother off the road?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m guessing those are old mining roads?
Looks like it would be much smoother off the road?
Yes, there are thousands of miles of mining roads here. Leaving tire tracks off the road could get you shot by the Ranger Snipers :oops: (J/K for those without a sense of humor), an absolute NO NO here. It's my understanding that most of Alaska is public land and you're allowed to go anywhere the machine can get to. With your population density, that isn't a problem but we have too many people in the lower 48 and everything gets torn to s*** without rules.

Reactions: Smitty335
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R

That's some vast and impressive landscape. 👍 And whoa, slow down cowboy, you hit 146 mph on that first K turn. :eek:

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
Yes, there are thousands of miles of mining roads here. Leaving tire tracks off the road could get you shot by the Ranger Snipers :oops: (J/K for those without a sense of humor), an absolute NO NO here. It's my understanding that most of Alaska is public land and you're allowed to go anywhere the machine can get to. With your population density, that isn't a problem but we have too many people in the lower 48 and everything gets torn to s*** without rules.
Ugh. What are rules?

doesn’t sound like any fun.

too bad covid didn’t remove the overcrowding.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
That's some vast and impressive landscape. 👍
It really is stunning and unavailable to me until YOU talked me in to the Talon. The Sand Hollow Rally was a spectacular introduction to the hobby. :) #ridin' I was glad I was able to get out of the Talon to pee without passing out at 13,262 feet. :eek:

And whoa, slow down cowboy, you hit 146 mph on that first K turn. :eek:
I was late fer lunch. 😎
Ugh. What are rules?

doesn’t sound like any fun.

too bad covid didn’t remove the overcrowding.
It's werkin' onnit. Hope I'm not part of that pruning, being north of 70. :oops:

Last edited:
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I ordered a new crossbar thingy to mount the S&B on, instead of using the Factory UTV spare bar, @aprils_fool found it.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Link or photo, what are you using now? 🤔 Spill, Dude, inquiring minds want to know.
20200722 212207

Heres what I'm using to mount the S&B now, it's a Factory UTV spare carrier. I'll post a pic with the prefilter mounted when I get home. The new bar I ordered will mount higher on the ROPS, closer to the roof.

Reactions: CID and Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!