Talon Hot cockpit on Talon1000r

J

JWE

Jul 31, 2019
Chattsnooga
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does anybody have any recommendations on how to insulate the cockpit of a talon 1000 Ahrar so it won’t be so hot, didn’t know if there were some type of insulation I could purchase or perhaps add something to the cockpit

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
That's a issue I have been looking at also.

I have plugged firewall hole around the brake and gas pedal . That has helped a little. One big area is up past the shift lever.
I have tried different things there but not real happy with them.
2019 Honda Talon 1000R 1000X mud guard / firewall shield | eBay
I found this mud guard / firewall shield that might help a little also.
I will try more things after I get it installed..
I am sure others will be working on this also and chime in..

J

JWE

Jul 31, 2019
Chattsnooga
Ownership

1. Talon R

I have plugged firewall hole around the brake and gas pedal . That has helped a little. One big area is up past the shift lever.

Thanks, I’ll try that as well

Reactions: VaHillbilly
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X

What did you use to plug the pedal hole?

rbtnt

rbtnt

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Talon X
I made a mud guard similar to one listed on eBay, but extended towards the ground to help keep the heat out of the tunnel.
Opening up my SuperATV windshield to the first notch helps with the heat coming up around the shifter.
Until I can find someone to make a plate to go around the shifter like there is for a Pioneer, I cover the shifter hole with a rag.
On my last ride I put a towel under the front edge of the driver's seat which helped a lot. Going to look at where this heat is coming from. I really noticed this because I was wearing shorts.

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I made a mud guard similar to one listed on eBay, but extended towards the ground to help keep the heat out of the tunnel.
Opening up my SuperATV windshield to the first notch helps with the heat coming up around the shifter.
Until I can find someone to make a plate to go around the shifter like there is for a Pioneer, I cover the shifter hole with a rag.
On my last ride I put a towel under the front edge of the driver's seat which helped a lot. Going to look at where this heat is coming from. I really noticed this because I was wearing shorts.

There is a lot of heat coming from the plastic fire wall behind the seats. The area behind the passenger seat gets very hot from the exhaust even though the exhaust is several inches back. A lot from the shifter cover area. I made an insert of of foam pad for camping and inserted inside, it is slotted for the shifter. The shifter cover area does not get hot now and no heat coming up through the slotted area. I also made a insulation blanket to cover firewall like Wolfsnout makes for Polaris RZR. Also have overhead fan from Wolfsnout for slow speed air flow directly on driver passenger. My heat issues are no more. The Honda is not any more hot than my RZR is. Yea I know you want pictures.

H

HondaTech

My GM friend complains of his being hot, alot more than he does.

He figures it's the lack of air flowing through the front that he's blocked off and the lower door fillers.

I would think the air flowing through those holes would keep the air moving.

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I bought some sound deadening and insulating material kind of like Dynamat for mine. It helped with the noise and heat. Its still not perfect but it is better. The Mesa material has a plastic type backing with foil below it that is easy to clean and looks a little more factory. I also insulated the bottom of the console while I was installing my shift gate. I am going to work on the firewall and glove box next.
Egj77TLGTxiupQTUYrcgAA

OV0UDKrDR2SPRvQn09msTw
IMG 4949

Reactions: TerryH
D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
My GM friend complains of his being hot, alot more than he does.

He figures it's the lack of air flowing through the front that he's blocked off and the lower door fillers.

I would think the air flowing through those holes would keep the air moving.

Doors without lowers are not an option when riding in areas that have cactus unless you want to pick some out of your body.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!