Talon Talon Owner ROLL CALL - Introduction

S

SmokeyMike

Jan 25, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20190323 163629

From florida but only 2 models down here had a demo day scheduled and they couldn't sell them, luckily south Georgia honda had 2 X's a blue and this red beauty. Bought it 2 Saturdays ago and took it straight to windrock Tennessee for a week and man what a blast stopped by a best buy and put a Boss soundbar and 40" light bar, wish list is piling up wanting dual battery setup, winch, windshield, rear lights, lower door inserts, 32" bead locks with roxzilla......$$$$$

D

Dfoy08

Apr 2, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon x4
IMG 20190322 190350
- Talon Model Purchased? Talon R in red

- Date Purchased: 3/9/19

- Owner location? Bellefontaine

- Dealer purchased from? Honda Marysville powersports

- Whether you replaced a SXS/ATV with Talon or added to collection? Added to the collection, still own a 93 300 fourtrax

- Brief introduction? Hello, new to this forum. I have been riding since I was 8 and have always owned a Honda. I usually ride at black mountain in Harlan Kentucky.

- Planned/Completed Add ons/modifications? I have added the steel front bumper, nerf bars, storage bags, and dragonfire 4 point harness

- Picture?
IMG 20190401 193857 706

bigblueaz

bigblueaz

Apr 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Talon Model Purchased? 1000R pearl Red

- Date Purchased 4/6/19

- Owner location? Sierra Vista AZ
- Dealer purchased from? Cochise Motor Sports

- Whether you replaced a SXS/ATV with Talon or added to collection? Added, but will be selling my 13.5 Wildcat 1000X

- Brief introduction? When time permits love to go to the dunes, Rosemont Junction (until they close it) and Hot Wells dunes

- Planned/Completed Add ons/modifications? Basic stuff, mirror, horn, lower door panels, 4 point harness, half windsheild, full glass windshield, moving my Rigid industry light bar from the Cat, fire extinguisher. hoping someone makes a trunk for this thing

- Picture?
IMG 6390
IMG 6393
IMG 6408

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Talon Model Purchased? 1000R pearl Red

- Date Purchased 4/6/19

- Owner location? Sierra Vista AZ
- Dealer purchased from? Cochise Motor Sports

- Whether you replaced a SXS/ATV with Talon or added to collection? Added, but will be selling my 13.5 Wildcat 1000X

- Brief introduction? When time permits love to go to the dunes, Rosemont Junction (until they close it) and Hot Wells dunes

- Planned/Completed Add ons/modifications? Basic stuff, mirror, horn, lower door panels, 4 point harness, half windsheild, full glass windshield, moving my Rigid industry light bar from the Cat, fire extinguisher. hoping someone makes a trunk for this thing

- Picture?View attachment 121175 View attachment 121176 View attachment 121177

If you don't mind could you tell us about Cochise Motor Sports treated you meaning pricing. Not having much luck here in the Phoenix area. I will be getting red 1000r also. Thanks

bigblueaz

bigblueaz

Apr 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
If you don't mind could you tell us about Cochise Motor Sports treated you meaning pricing. Not having much luck here in the Phoenix area. I will be getting red 1000r also. Thanks

They were awesome!! Western honda in scottsdale was offering a $1000 veteran discount which was nice but they were out until end of May for delivery. Musselmans in Tucson was out until July or August and offering no discounts.

Cochise was no pressure and so easy. What was cool was no one on the waiting list had put in a deposit. So Anthony said if we put in a deposit we would get the next one delivered which was scheduled for April 14th.

We ordered on Wednesday and he called Friday (4-5) and said it would be in Saturday. Got it yesterday!!

Oh and without even asking he gave us a $1,950 dealer discount. So it was under $22,000 OTD!!

They did say the next one was due in early May but no one had a deposit in yet.

I would highly recommend Cochise. They treat you good and it was so easy. No pressure. No upsell none of that crap. Worth the drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krman

krman

Mar 31, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Curious as to who has taken delivery of a Talon? Maybe a little introduction as well. I'll try to keep a running summary list of owners screen names and model. Please only post if you have taken delivery of Talon.

- Talon Model Purchased? 2019 Talon X in Honda Red of Course........

- Date Purchased 4/4/49

- Owner location? Cincinnati.Ohio

- Dealer purchased from? Fairfield Honda

- Whether you replaced a SXS/ATV with Talon or added to collection? Replaced a Can-Am but added to the Honda group= My first dirt bike ever A honda Z-50, My current ride I bought new 08' TRX700XX , evolution moves forward and now the long awaited Talon !.

- Brief introduction? Riding sas long as I can remember and hope to for many years to come !

- Planned/Completed Add ons/modifications?Pictured new from Dealer: Added nerf bars, aluminum doors,roof storage bags, still need to install fr/rr bumpers and winch.
Talon

- Picture?

all4sho

all4sho

Apr 11, 2019
Byron, Ga
Ownership

1. Talon R
- Talon Model Purchased: R in Red

- Date Purchased: 04/06/2019

- Owner location: Byron, Ga

- Dealer purchased from: Capital Cycle Macon, Ga

- Whether you replaced a SXS/ATV with Talon or added to collection: Replaced ‘09 Rhino Sport

- Planned/Completed Add ons/modifications: only add right now is a rear view mirror
Want: bumpers, windshield, winch, tunes, chase light........

8AF122B1 BC1B 427C 88B4 AFAF5087F78E

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Talon X
Blue
20190504 175234
20190430 124520

20190426 090035
4/12/19

San Antonio, Tx

Kent Motorsorts

Added to my stable.
17 P1k5LE
15 RZR 170
Micro gocart
20190413 143943

[HASHTAG]#261[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They were awesome!! Western honda in scottsdale was offering a $1000 veteran discount which was nice but they were out until end of May for delivery. Musselmans in Tucson was out until July or August and offering no discounts.

Cochise was no pressure and so easy. What was cool was no one on the waiting list had put in a deposit. So Anthony said if we put in a deposit we would get the next one delivered which was scheduled for April 14th.

We ordered on Wednesday and he called Friday (4-5) and said it would be in Saturday. Got it yesterday!!

Oh and without even asking he gave us a $1,950 dealer discount. So it was under $22,000 OTD!!

They did say the next one was due in early May but no one had a deposit in yet.

I would highly recommend Cochise. They treat you good and it was so easy. No pressure. No upsell none of that crap. Worth the drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CONGRATS!

J

justin2959

Apr 11, 2019
US
Bought a talon x on 4/5/19 i live near Altoona, PA and bought it from roundhouse powersports in Altoona, PA. First sxs replaced a suzuki king quad 750. Full honda glass windshield, windshield wiper, back soft panel, arm guards, switch panel, swamp donkey stereo, lower door panel inserts with storage bags, front and rear bumpers, warn axon winch, 42" led single row light bar. 74814fd3ee3d2b9c3d0e9496400a6eee

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
4fdd035861df92ad91898ca112a736a7
81b453793bc89011448a0d4e1835abbc

Last edited:
stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
20190417 165844
Hello, my name is Steve. My wife (Carla) and I signed the papers on a new RED Talon 1000X yesterday (4/17/19). We live in Oklahoma City and purchased the unit from Shawnee Honda (about 25 miles east of OKC). I haven't actually taken possession yet, as there are some accessories on order that will hopefully be installed next week. Accessories include:
  • Winch/winch mount
  • Rear bumper (would do front bumper too, but nobody has any right now)
  • Switch plate with volt meter
  • A-arm guards
  • Trailing arm guards
There will be more customizing to come, but this is what we started with.

This is our first SxS, as we've been ATV riders to this point (two 2007 Grizzly 700's). I traded a 2015 BMW R1200GSA and one of the Grizzly's in on the Talon. Going to miss the BMW, but honestly, I just don't get the joy out of motorcycling that I once did (and I've been riding since 1975).

BTW - Carla and I are retired and look forward to using this Talon in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah, among other places. We almost pulled the trigger on a new Yamaha YXZ a few months back and I am really glad we opted to wait on the Honda. Carla loves riding her Grizzly and she wasn't sure she was willing to give it up to ride in a SxS. Amazingly, it only took one test drive to convince her. She LOVED it! And my willingness to forgo my motorcycling (actually still have a KLR) and Grizzly, while opting to keep her beloved red Griz, sealed the deal. That's all I needed to hear. The rest, as they say, is history, and I've actually got a little more room in the barn.

Steve

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 124030 Hello, my name is Steve. My wife (Carla) and I signed the papers on a new RED Talon 1000X yesterday (4/17/19). We live in Oklahoma City and purchased the unit from Shawnee Honda (about 25 miles east of OKC). I haven't actually taken possession yet, as there are some accessories on order that will hopefully be installed next week. Accessories include:
  • Winch/winch mount
  • Rear bumper (would do front bumper too, but nobody has any right now)
  • Switch plate with volt meter
  • A-arm guards
  • Trailing arm guards
There will be more customizing to come, but this is what we started with.

This is our first SxS, as we've been ATV riders to this point (two 2007 Grizzly 700's). I traded a 2015 BMW R1200GSA and one of the Grizzly's in on the Talon. Going to miss the BMW, but honestly, I just don't get the joy out of motorcycling that I once did (and I've been riding since 1975).

BTW - Carla and I are retired and look forward to using this Talon in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah, among other places. We almost pulled the trigger on a new Yamaha YXZ a few months back and I am really glad we opted to wait on the Honda. Carla loves riding her Grizzly and she wasn't sure she was willing to give it up to ride in a SxS. Amazingly, it only took one test drive to convince her. She LOVED it! And my willingness to forgo my motorcycling (actually still have a KLR) and Grizzly, while opting to keep her beloved red Griz, sealed the deal. That's all I needed to hear. The rest, as they say, is history, and I've actually got a little more room in the barn.

Steve
Sweet congratulations

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!