Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yesterday we put money down on a new Talon X and will be picking it up after Christmas. We currently have a Mule FXT Pro which we are keeping as a work machine. Of course it rides like a Caddy (big soft and a lot of body roll). We used to have a Pioneer 500 and used it as our trail machine. My wife asked me a question that I didn't have an answer to - How does the Talon X ride compared to the Pioneer 500? ( We also have owned an RZR4-900 at one point and both a 660 and 700 Rhino back in the day and she is really interested in how it will ride compared to the 500 for some reason.- was the most recent I guess). Our use will be trail riding, no jumping or anything like that. Basically just cruising the trails with friends and climbing average rocky hills here in WV. What have you all noticed or found?
It’s ride is superior to the venerable P5, and your wife will love the feel security setting in the womb like cabin as my wife describes it. The difference in stability is night and day. But........it does not have the caddy ride of Polaris.

Reactions: Code54 and 906UP
Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
It’s ride is superior to the venerable P5, and your wife will love the feel security setting in the womb like cabin as my wife describes it. The difference in stability is night and day. But........it does not have the caddy ride of Polaris.
That is good news! I figured it would be better as the P500 is a great machine but does not have the smoothest ride around. Have to say the P500 was fun in the wood because it could fit just about anywhere. May have to widen a few trails later this week once I pick up the Talon!
Thanks for the info and Happy Holidays!

Reactions: HUCK
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
That is good news! I figured it would be better as the P500 is a great machine but does not have the smoothest ride around. Have to say the P500 was fun in the wood because it could fit just about anywhere. May have to widen a few trails later this week once I pick up the Talon!
Post pics when you get it home!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You bet C54, good to see you posting again. And happy holidays to you and your family as well. Post pics when your new ride arrives.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!