Talon wheels/tires to fit a Pioneer 700?

HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Have a chance to pick up some new take offs from a 2020 Talon
I believe they are 28” x 9” tires in the front and 28” x 11” tires in the rear, wheel offset of 6+1

Do you think they would be a good fit?
Plan to put on spacers as well.

Last edited:
Teammontana

Teammontana

Apr 3, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
700 has 4x110 bolt pattern, the Talon/pioneer 1000 is 4x137 so the rims wont work without an adaptor plate which will widen the stance.

Reactions: ChadD and HPnMORE4J
Teammontana

Teammontana

Apr 3, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like you want to widen the stance so that would work. Not sure if you will be happy with the taller tires on the 700. They will affect your acceleration and performance to the ground and not realistic to change gearing to accommodate that change. Maybe someone else can give you feedback on the performance, but you can count on slower acceration at any speed. Part of the reason we didnt go with the 700 was no low range which would be helpful with taller tires.

Reactions: ChadD and HPnMORE4J
HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sounds like you want to widen the stance so that would work. Not sure if you will be happy with the taller tires on the 700. They will affect your acceleration and performance to the ground and not realistic to change gearing to accommodate that change. Maybe someone else can give you feedback on the performance, but you can count on slower acceration at any speed. Part of the reason we didnt go with the 700 was no low range which would be helpful with taller tires.
Yup, makes perfect sense. 27" would probably be the max even if that.
I will say that is one thing I dislike with the 700 as well, is there is no low range.

Reactions: ChadD
Teammontana

Teammontana

Apr 3, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 4 new Poineer 27" tires and rims off my 2018 that I can sell for $750 but the shipping would probably be high. Retail on them would be @$1600.

Reactions: ChadD and Isaiah
HPnMORE4J

HPnMORE4J

Mar 8, 2021
NW Oregon
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have 4 new Poineer 27" tires and rims off my 2018 that I can sell for $750 but the shipping would probably be high. Retail on them would be @$1600.
I'd take them but I bet shipping would be real high too.
I can get a good aftermarket wheel/tire set up for $900-$1100 shipped off fleabay.

Reactions: ChadD and Isaiah
Teammontana

Teammontana

Apr 3, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
shipping to Portland area looks like @$200 without access to any shipping discounts. I also have the new lug nuts that came with them.

Reactions: ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!