Talon X4 skidplates

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I am looking for a skid plate for my Talon X4. I am considering the Factory UTV and Trail Armor systems with rock slider coverage, trailing arm protection, and front A-arm protection. Are there any others I should consider?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am looking for a skid plate for my Talon X4. I am considering the Factory UTV and Trail Armor systems with rock slider coverage, trailing arm protection, and front A-arm protection. Are there any others I should consider?
That's pretty much the two favorites. I like the boat sides on the Trail Armor but the FUTV is rumored to have better forward coverage under the winch. You can see where the TA stops short of the forward frame on the right.

There are other trailing arm skids that don't require drilling 3 holes into the ta but I don't remember who makes them.

Photo thx to Trail Armor showing how far up the sides their coverage goes.

Maybe better showing how far up the sides the TA coverage goes.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!