JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Looks like we are headed to the Tampa area this summer. Any recommendations on areas to live? Will be commuting to MacDill Daily.
MacDill AFB?
If so, that's not too far from St Pete. That's the area I'd be looking at if it were me. I'm not too familiar with "neighborhoods" in Tampa but all the places I've been to near the water have been nice.

@osobad lives that way, maybe he can chime in

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yes, MacDill AFB
St Pete is about 30 minutes from there, the coast side maybe another 15. I've been to a buddy's house in (Apollo Beach) it was a really nice neighborhood, I think most homes have water access. Clearwater is also a nice area. All depends on how close you need to be or how far you're willing to commute

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks like we are headed to the Tampa area this summer. Any recommendations on areas to live? Will be commuting to MacDill Daily.
I would look just north of Tampa . Wesley Chapel, Land o lakes, etc. Close to I75 or Veterans express way. You would be able to get anywhere in the bay area very easy. It would be a littel cheaper and very nice areas

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
St Pete is about 30 minutes from there, the coast side maybe another 15. I've been to a buddy's house in (Apollo Beach) it was a really nice neighborhood, I think most homes have water access. Clearwater is also a nice area. All depends on how close you need to be or how far you're willing to commute
I would would try to stay away from Pinellas county. Nice yes but if you want to get to Tampa or go north etc, it is a b**** to get out of

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tampons and McDildos….I grew up there. Tampa, Temple Terrace, Gulf Port, St Pete…I have no idea what it’s like now even though my brother lives near Ybor City. Dad’s in Temple Terrace still but I hear it’s become a bit of a Scheis hole? My buddy now lives in Plant city but I’m sure that’s too far.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it looks like Wesley Chapel is the winner of the home search lottery. Unfortunately I will not be able to park trailers at the house so now I'm on a new search.
Any place like an HOA that tells you what you can and can’t do on your own property can go suck an egg a very rotten egg sat on by Nancy Pelosi

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any place like an HOA that tells you what you can and can’t do on your own property can go suck an egg a very rotten egg sat on by Nancy Pelosi

I hear you, I tried real hard to find something I liked without an HOA but its been tough. The place we decided on actually doesn't have an HOA, however Florida plays the game with CDDs (HOA like restrictions by another name). At just a few weeks from the move we were down to crunch time. Probably not my "forever home" so I'll make do. Thanks everyone

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I hear you, I tried real hard to find something I liked without an HOA but its been tough. The place we decided on actually doesn't have an HOA, however Florida plays the game with CDDs (HOA like restrictions by another name). At just a few weeks from the move we were down to crunch time. Probably not my "forever home" so I'll make do. Thanks everyone
Just curios, where are you moving from?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!