P500 Tecumseh Trails

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Heard about this place from a friend. Tecumseh Trails. Over close to Nelsonville, Ohio. 1,000 acres. 45 miles of trails. Just opened up last year. $15 day pass. No width restrictions. Open on selected weekends for now. No width restrictions on SXS's. No Jeeps or trucks allowed.
First day open this year is Feb.24 and it is only two hours from my house so I am thinking about going up there to check it out. Fairly close and fairly cheap.

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I am going to try to check it out on opening day Saturday February 24 weather permitting. You never can tell about the weather round here in February. Could be zero could be 60. But if it gets up in the mid thirties I will try to be there. If I go will take plenty of video and give a full report.
Record high in Nelsonville on Feb 24 was 63.9 in 2016 and the record low was -11.9 in 2015. Average high is around 40. Very unpredictable. Ha ha

Last edited:
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like it is typical Ohio glacial till (bottomless mud pit) .
If opening day coincides with spring thaw it could be interesting.

But end of February the ground could be frozen.
That would be my preference this time of year.

You considering trying to get a group together?
I might be interested.

Reactions: Derail
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like it is typical Ohio glacial till (bottomless mud pit) .
If opening day coincides with spring thaw it could be interesting.

But end of February the ground could be frozen.
That would be my preference this time of year.

You considering trying to get a group together?
I might be interested.
Was planning on going by myself just to check it out. But all are welcome to tag along. I just did not want to invite others until I checked it out just in case it turns out to be a s***hole. And also the weather is sketchy this time of year so it is hard to plan anything for certain. But if the weather cooperates and I do go, you are certainly welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: lee
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Was planning on going by myself just to check it out. But all are welcome to tag along. I just did not want to invite others until I checked it out just in case it turns out to be a s***hole. And also the weather is sketchy this time of year so it is hard to plan anything for certain. But if the weather cooperates and I do go, you are certainly welcome.
s***hole ? Did you borrow that from Trump ?

M

Mlaz81

Dec 24, 2017
Madison OH
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
As soon as it warms up I'm definitely checking this place out. Close enough for just a day trip. I'm sure it doesn't compare to hatfield but nothing on this side of the country does. You get spoiled riding down there.

Reactions: Derail and Chooglin
C

Chooglin

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this place after you check it out. If I was to ever go down there , I would want to stay the night at a campgrounds near by.........this would be a 3 hr drive for me !

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Let me know if you want to go. Ive got a 8.5x20 DO trailer. I can haul three full sized SXS's of six atv's. I'll be taking my YXZ, but there will still be plenty of room.
Can you pick me up ?

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Sounds like there might be a Pioneer 500 Takeover brewing at Tecumseh Trails.

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Weather is making this trip a little sketchy. Rain has some places underwater around my house and we are supposed to get 1 to 2 inches more rain today. The next several days will be unseasonably warm with a s***load of more rain. Not looking too good right now. Might need a boat to navigate the trails if it keeps this up.

Reactions: lee and Chooglin
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A good friend of my family is having a fundraiser the Saturday evening for her daughter.
Looks like I am out for this ride. I hope to ride it in the future if we get another group together.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!