Tecumseh Trails

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We took a last-minute impromptu trip down to Tecumseh Trails Monday and I wanted to give a quick review.

The trails were super rutted out and sloppy. I would say we rode about half of the blue/green trails- the rest just had ruts that were too deep and nasty for my P1k-5 on 29 inch Bighorns. Forget the reds. We even tried a hill at one point that I thought was okay and got hung up off the tires and had to back down.

About half of the trails that we did ride, it was the equivalent of riding the electric cars at Kings Island- I was giving it the gas but the car was steering for me the ruts were so bad. A lot of one-way stuff here too, so if you get in a sticky spot you really probably shouldn't be turning around.

I wanted to give the place to benefit of the doubt- on the 3-hour drive over we only saw all about three fields planted. It's been raining every two to three days for the last three months here, and it looks like it has been over there as well so I know there's only so much they can do. That being said we ran into another group over there that had come before the rain had started this year and felt it was the same way. This was their "second shot", and they said they wouldn't be back. That group was running a Can-Am X3 and a Kawasaki Teryx.

On the upside the parking was ample, the people were really nice, and the barbecued food truck was surprisingly good.

Id give it another shot if I was down in the area doing something else, but I probably wouldn't drive 3 hours to go back. Wildcat is only about three and a half from us, and I would say that's a preferable experience.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Thanks for the review. Been thinking about trying it out but sounds like I'll wait for a while and see if they improve things.

Reactions: dnjones161
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We took a last-minute impromptu trip down to Tecumseh Trails Monday and I wanted to give a quick review.

The trails were super rutted out and sloppy. I would say we rode about half of the blue/green trails- the rest just had ruts that were too deep and nasty for my P1k-5 on 29 inch Bighorns. Forget the reds. We even tried a hill at one point that I thought was okay and got hung up off the tires and had to back down.

About half of the trails that we did ride, it was the equivalent of riding the electric cars at Kings Island- I was giving it the gas but the car was steering for me the ruts were so bad. A lot of one-way stuff here too, so if you get in a sticky spot you really probably shouldn't be turning around.

I wanted to give the place to benefit of the doubt- on the 3-hour drive over we only saw all about three fields planted. It's been raining every two to three days for the last three months here, and it looks like it has been over there as well so I know there's only so much they can do. That being said we ran into another group over there that had come before the rain had started this year and felt it was the same way. This was their "second shot", and they said they wouldn't be back. That group was running a Can-Am X3 and a Kawasaki Teryx.

On the upside the parking was ample, the people were really nice, and the barbecued food truck was surprisingly good.

Id give it another shot if I was down in the area doing something else, but I probably wouldn't drive 3 hours to go back. Wildcat is only about three and a half from us, and I would say that's a preferable experience.
Do u have a pic/map of the exact location of these trails?
And any pics of your adventure so we can see can have a visual of what your talking about?

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do u have a pic/map of the exact location of these trails?
And any pics of your adventure so we can see can have a visual of what your talking about?

Trails

They have a map on their website listed above.

We snap a couple of pics of the dog sleeping under the truck, but nothing of the trails.
IMG 20190527 134027341 HDR

Last edited:
Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Was thinking of going there very soon. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: dnjones161

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!