P500 Tell me about the Honda 500 pioneer.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I found out today about finally getting one .
Called several big dealers and one of them told me that it would probably be late September before he got any 2021 machines in.

so it will be close to 2022 before the 2021 machines come in and had none coming in before then that was not presold. So I will have an essentially a machine that is a year old model before I can even get a New one.

Hope that they get started making them again faster but sort of doubt it as a large part of the problem is that President OBiden is Paying able bodied Men and Woman Much More than they can make working, to sit at home.

So I rather doubt that they are near as many being put together even if a lot of parts were getting here from China.

Shipping cost have gone through the ceiling here in the states what with more and more staying home from work.

And the business practices of some Dealers in the states are non existent.
I had one dealer tell me that a Pioneer would cost me more If I wrote a Farm Check for it to buy it outright than if I financed it.

I asked him why and he said that Honda encouraged the to finance instead of sell outright.
I told him that was a load of bull and hung up on him.

That is simply not true as what he was actually doing was telling all that load of bull and taking a small cut of the finance charge that was resulting from such criminal behavior.

But absolutely nothing surprises me these days
The unemployment rate is 5.9 and dropping. There’s many factors at play….

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ya got me pegged ,I'm Just a shaking in my 61 year old boots
Let me put it this way I only know about 7 Men whose Bite is truly worse than their Bark.

And 6 of them send me Christmas Cards every year :cool:
Lol, it was a lark…🤷‍♂️

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Texas will be happy to have you anytime….😂😂😂
Trust me, if i didnt have ownership in my company and 22 yrs in the HVAC trade. Plus my Wife with 27yrs at the Country's leading cancer center and all the wonderful medical and retirement she has built up there. Wed sell our house and cabin with 20 acres to get out of the raising taxes and cost of living and paying for people that dont want to work out of my check to name a few crapy things this state has become in recent yrs and move to one of those pocket book Friendly Red states any day of the week 😂 🤣

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The unemployment rate is 5.9 and dropping. There’s many factors at play….
If the unemployment rate is dropping then why is Government funneling more and more money to unemployed people that are out of work .
The Quick answer is that the Gov is lying that the unemployment rate is continuing to drop as if it something that they can take credit for.
They made this mess in the first place as a Self fulling Prophesy.
First they let Major cities burn and Violence and violent crime happening everyday by letting the ones committing the crimes be held unaccountable for their crimes and even actively bailing them out of Jail only to commit more crimes.
Then when very few were leaving their house in fear that they would be hurt or killed then yeah unemployment was up and had no where to go but down.
We have all heard the saying that scariest words that you will ever hear is "I am from the Government and I am here to help" :)

And if it people who believe in cancel culture continue to have their way our world will only get worse.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If the unemployment rate is dropping then why is Government funneling more and more money to unemployed people that are out of work .
The Quick answer is that the Gov is lying that the unemployment rate is continuing to drop as if it something that they can take credit for.
They made this mess in the first place as a Self fulling Prophesy.
First they let Major cities burn and Violence and violent crime happening everyday by letting the ones committing the crimes be held unaccountable for their crimes and even actively bailing them out of Jail only to commit more crimes.
Then when very few were leaving their house in fear that they would be hurt or killed then yeah unemployment was up and had no where to go but down.
We have all heard the saying that scariest words that you will ever hear is "I am from the Government and I am here to help" :)

And if it people who believe in cancel culture continue to have their way our world will only get worse.
You’re getting way too deep for here, but I’d readily discuss such things with you in the pub…😉

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Welcome from Montana- the “last best place”. We’re full but read South Dakota had room. :)

Unless you need a dump bed get a 500 and put a Dusty Dawgs rear rack.

Shifting does quiet down with miles.

I don’t know why you must have power steering and a locker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Welcome from Montana- the “last best place”. We’re full but read South Dakota had room. :)

Montana is full - I think "the last best place" should be handed over to Alaska. If you spend any time around Missoula or Bozeangles you'll see plenty of granola eaters, subarus, and hipsters taking down the Montana culture.

OP - welcome and good luck on your search, this is a great place. Just put on your nut cup because ball busting is the norm. Thin skin brings tears to people around here 🤣 🤣 🤣

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Montana is full - I think "the last best place" should be handed over to Alaska. If you spend any time around Missoula or Bozeangles you'll see plenty of granola eaters, subarus, and hipsters taking down the Montana culture.

OP - welcome and good luck on your search, this is a great place. Just put on your nut cup because ball busting is the norm. Thin skin brings tears to people around here 🤣 🤣 🤣
Thanks for the welcome
I have no thin skin

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Thanks for the welcome
No I don't need the dump bed

We have a lot of Gumbo Mud and when riding with the young man that farms on my ground we almost got stuck in an area that I would not consider to be particularly bad.

a Honda 4 wheel drive 4 wheeler would have just putted through with no problem so I figure that with a locker and better tires it would be better in the mud and water.
Probably put a winch on it as well.
Seldom I needed a winch when using a Honda Forman but was glad I had it a couple of times.

Although I would like the Power Steering I could live without it

B

Bcraig

Jul 10, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
1st -- Welcome from Upstate N.Y. to the ragtag group of Honda pioneer 500 & 520 owner & riders
A LOT of Good Info. & B.S. to be had here.

At 61 still a young man compared to over 3/4 century.

Shifting :Time in the seat is the FIX.
Does smooth out - with mileage -- oil changes - as you learn how to shift for smother shifts ( some use drive it like you Stole It Method -- others early shift & keep RPM & Noise Down ) somewhere you'll find the spot that works for you.

500 & 520 Both Proven & Dependable
If both were available when I purchased - "520 would have been the Choice" ( BOX being main reason ) NOT enough Reason for me to trade or sell the 2018 P500 I have. -- Added my own version of a box made out of a boxliner.

Unlockable ft. Diff. "No"
After market -- Torq-locker does allow slippage on turns -- ( Made right here in Upstate N.Y.) you will want & NEED in gumbo mud.

Tires : Several Hundred to choose from.
Radial - 6ply min open tread simular to Ag-tread for your gumbo.
I've been using ITP- XTR 6ply -- 27X9 x12 ft.& 27x11x12 rear on 4x3 ITP Alum wheels on last 3 machines ( rzr - P700 - P500 )
Doesn't over tax drive line of the P500 -- Decent all around tire with smooth ride & self clean .

RED is the 1st.color all other colors followed & Honda hopes they sell.
FYI :
The pioneer 700 has a 3-speed auto trans with paddle shifters & shifts smooth ( bigger machine )

View attachment 283384 View attachment 283386
Will the tires you mentioned fit on the Factory stock rims ?
Which width goes best in the Gumbo ?

Are these the tallest gumbo tires that can be used on the Pioneer 500?
My driving style is very slow and steady and most of my ground is flat as a pancake.
The only exception would be when I need to cross a rice levee which is why I am wanting as much ground clearance as I can reasonably get for the Pioneer 500

Reactions: pappyo
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Watching the westward expansion of the European invaders, the Lakota Sioux and the Blackfeet Indians both thought the same thing….Times change….😂😂

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Yes fit on OEM rims

Width : Wider floats better.

Has to be at least 100 different tread designs that ALL claim to be the best & several times that number
( guys & ladies on this forum claim they have the best ) Donot claim to be the best but -- ITP-XTR's work for riding in the ever changing Adirondack' Mts. of Upstate N.Y.

Think of the P500 as a little 1000 pound Tractor & set it up to your Needs.
Heigth: CAREFUL to much UP puts strain on axles.
Some run 28-29-30's sure can be done - BUT - Bigger you go the More the Drive Train is Strained ! ( in gumbo ?? )
Many will say if you go Up need to go Out ( wider ) your flat terrain may not apply.
Whole MOD thing finding what works Best for your situation becomes trial & error.
Shock spacers will push it up - BUT - you lose ride quality ( trial & error )

FYI: Didn't take long for you to find out ( "as Mothers say" ) SOME are More FULL of THEMSELVES than Others

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Be aware, the P5 is like a little boy in a mud puddle. The tires throw mud everywhere. I have 26” takeoffs from a Foreman on mine, and with 1.5” spacers on all 4 corners I get it on the sides of my windshield.

I posted in the Accessories and Mods section how I made front flaps from some repurposed plastic. It helps on the doors, but it still throws mud everywhere.

I hunted rice and know rice farmers in northern Cali, that can be tough, stick stuff. The worst was goose hunting in a ‘dry’ field a tomato processing plant used to pump out their wash water.

I got so stuck in my waders a friend had to kick way the muck from my boots and help me lift my legs out of it. Nasty stuff. Any only a couple geese shot. :)

Reactions: SORGuy
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Will the tires you mentioned fit on the Factory stock rims ?
Which width goes best in the Gumbo ?

Are these the tallest gumbo tires that can be used on the Pioneer 500?
My driving style is very slow and steady and most of my ground is flat as a pancake.
The only exception would be when I need to cross a rice levee which is why I am wanting as much ground clearance as I can reasonably get for the Pioneer 500
I have Interco Reptile Radial 6 plys and have no trouble in rice fields. If you have gumbo mud than you know that water is your friend. Power steering is a good thing. I have never needed a locker YET. Winch yes. If you want to stay reasonably clean I would suggest some kind of mud flaps.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!