P700 Temperature light came on today.

FouMan

FouMan

Mar 18, 2021
British Columbia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Went for a ride this evening and temperature light came on, turned off machine right away. Had a look at radiator and found that clay from the mud holes I drove through had dried onto the fins of the radiator and looked like it wasn't able to blow air through a good portion of it. Waited a few minutes. Turned machine back on and temperature light had gone away. Continued to head back home and temp light turned on again maybe after 5 minutes. Turned unit off immediately again and got towed home just to be safe..got home and power washed the radiator and got the dried clay off. Going to let her rest for the night and take for a spin tomorrow.. I bought the unit this year so I'm hoping no damage was done. I should also mention that after the second time the temp light had turned on the coolant was boiling over. Any insight on something like this is greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Mudwing and Bmurray
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Went for a ride this evening and temperature light came on, turned off machine right away. Had a look at radiator and found that clay from the mud holes I drove through had dried onto the fins of the radiator and looked like it wasn't able to blow air through a good portion of it. Waited a few minutes. Turned machine back on and temperature light had gone away. Continued to head back home and temp light turned on again maybe after 5 minutes. Turned unit off immediately again and got towed home just to be safe..got home and power washed the radiator and got the dried clay off. Going to let her rest for the night and take for a spin tomorrow.. I bought the unit this year so I'm hoping no damage was done. I should also mention that after the second time the temp light had turned on the coolant was boiling over. Any insight on something like this is greatly appreciated!
Clean the radiator out good. Use light pressure water. Might have to pull it for severe cases because the position. I don’t think you caused damage. Snorkel your fan motor vent while in the area. 😎

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!